Al-ko IQ7 Outback Electric Hydraulic Boat Trailer Brake Alko – Video
The AL-KO IQ7 Outback is the latest in power-assisted hydraulic braking, designed especially for harsh dusty conditions.
iQ7 Outback is designed to significantly improve stopping performance and safety for trailers and caravans with hydraulic brakes and includes built in breakaway technology to stop your trailer if it becomes detached from the tow vehicle. No other parts are required.
Dust protection in extreme conditions
Only iQ7 Outback is designed specifically to handle harsh, dusty outback conditions, providing the driver with the ability to service and replace filters without the need for special tools or skills. Coupled to AL-KO Hydraulic Disc brakes, the iQ7 Outback provides safe and reliable braking in the harshest Australian conditions.
Meet your legal requirements
Until recently the most popular solution was to fit a vacuum or compressed air system to the tow vehicle. This very expensive it often also means that the warranty of the tow vehicle is voided. Fitting the AL-KO iQ7 Outback system allows the legal use of hydraulic disc brakes for towed vehicles and trailers over 2 tonnes in Australia and 2.5 tonne in New Zealand, and also provides superior stopping performance.
The bottom line is you’ll enjoy superior safety and peace of mind while knowing AL-KO iQ7 Outback has been designed and manufactured in Australia for Australia and New Zealand conditions, backed by AL-KO’s global expertise in towing safety.
Only AL-KO iQ7 Outback stores compressed air within a pressure chamber, allowing immediate brake application the instant it is required. Other systems don’t come close.
When an emergency braking situation occurs, the common downfall of some electro-hydraulic brake actuators is time-lag or delayed response time. This is due to the delay in receiving a signal from the controller and the time taken for the air electric motor to pump enough fluid to activate the master cylinder.
AL-KO has addressed this by utilising a compressed air reservoir to provide instant activation of the hydraulic master cylinder. This has resulted in unparalleled response time.
The AL-KO IQ7 Outback Difference
AL-KO iQ7 Outback has been equipped with the latest superior computer processor circuit technology for maximum reliability. AL-KO has also completed over 220,000 cycle tests on iQ7 Outback.
This level of testing simulates the equivalent of setting off on an average of 42 trips per year over 10 years, No problems have been identified the IQ7, n that time. This re-enforces the quality and reliability of the technology. To complete the offer of complete peace of mind, AL-KO provides a market leading 3-year warranty (When installed by an Authorised AL-KO iQ7 Outback Installer).
- Tool-free air filter servicing for the compressor and pneumatic breathers
- Internally or externally mounted hydraulic actuator
- Remote mount pneumatic breather with replaceable filter ensures the air being drawn into the pneumatic system is always clean
- Ideal for travelling on dusty outback roads
- Australian made with the National service network
- Heavy duty air compressor with replaceable filter produces a quicker recharge of air, reducing run times and increased product life (required to be remotely mounted in a boot or similar)
- Suits caravans and boat trailers fitted with hydraulic disc brakes
- Meets ADR breakaway requirements for trailers over 2000kg
- Available in both iQ7 Outback and iQ7 Outback XTREME models
Finally, the IQ& Outback is the most advanced electric/hydraulic controller for dusty road equipment.