Tekonsha Prodigy P2 Electric Caravan Brake Controller
- Reverse battery protection for both vehicle and breakaway
- Designed to work with electric over hydraulic brake systems
- Numerous mounting options – including 360-degree vertical rotation
- Digital display depicts voltage delivery to trailer during braking
- No level adjustment necessary – it adjusts itself to varying terrain as you drive
- Great for backing into tough spots! Works proportionally in reverse with the ability to disable when not needed
- Produces stops that are in proportion to a vehicles deceleration rate
- “Boost” feature gives users the ability to apply more initial trailer braking power when towing heavier trailers
- Continual diagnostics check for proper connection, shorted magnet conditions and much more
- Quick and easy disconnect feature allows a user to remove and store the control when not in use
- Electric trailer brake control for up to 4 braking axles
- Limited lifetime warranty
“I would recommend you start over with your Tekonsha Prodigy P2 Brake Controller and go through the setup process again so that it will be properly set up. A good startup procedure.”
The first step is to connect your trailer to your tow vehicle. Next, with the engine running, hold the manual lever full to the left and set the power knob to indicate approximately 6.0.
Now you will want to drive your tow vehicle and trailer on a dry, level, paved surface and fully apply the manual lever. If the trailer tires lock up to turn down the adjustment knob. You will want to repeat the previous step until you set the brakes at a point that is right before tire lock-up. Finally, you will want to use the brake pedal to make a few low-speed stops to check the power level.
More links to brake controllers are listed here
- Tekonsha Primus IQ Brake Controller
- Metal Chassis – 1 Axle
- Metal Chassis – 2 axle Trailer
- Tekonsha Prodigy P3
Couplemate Trailer Parts sells only the best quality Tekonsha Prodigy P2 and caravan spare parts throughout Australia.
Customers are welcome to either pickup or take advantage of our low freight rates. Express shipping to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, and Hobart.
We also ship products to New Zealand via Australia Post Air Express.
© Steve Wotherspoon August 9, 2016. Images and text may be copied, provided a link back to the copied page and the source is displayed where the content or image is located.