Showing the single result
A Sway Controller is a safety device that automatically stabilises a caravan or camper trailer.
A huge gust of wind, displaced airflow from a passing semi-trailer, or a sudden swerve causes trailers and caravans to sway dangerously, possibly resulting in loss of control of both the tow vehicle and trailer.
How a Sway Control Works
- Continuously monitors trailer yaw – side-to-side movement left and right of the tow vehicle.
- Powerful, rapid, computer processing capability captures the critical elements that affect sway conditions. This information senses how the sway will proceed without driver intervention.
- Uses the data collected to apply the brakes on the correct side of the trailer, left or right-hand side.
- In a timely manner and with the proper braking level required based on sway conditions.
- Works independently of the tow vehicle to dampen the trailer sway, quickly bringing the trailer under control.
Finally, the BMPRO sway control has been chosen by Jayco as their preferred method of sway stabilisation.