2t bearing dolly to suit AL-KO hubs with 15123 and 30210 Bearings
2t bearing dollys take the effort out of changing a new or old caravan and trailer bearings.
Before installing bearings, it is wise to check the bearing journals for signs of wear. A worn journal will cause bearing misalignment and reduce the life of the bearing. Source: Knowyourparts.com
Check for any gap between the inner race backface and the shaft shoulder.
How to install bearing cups
- After the old bearings are removed, and the grease cleaned out, knock in the outer cup until it is flush with the hub surface.
- Hold the bearing dolly vertical before giving it one smack with a lump hammer. This smack gets the cup started and before the hub journal. You should be able to feel the dolly stabilise on the outer side of the hub journals.
- Hold dolly vertical and smack home with the hammer. Once you hear a sound change, the cup has bedded itself on the bottom shoulder, and the job is complete.
- Turn the hub over and do the same procedure on the other side.
- Use the inner bearing dolly to tap in the seal. Gentle tap otherwise the seal will be damaged.
- Ensure the rear seal is square with the hub and apply a little grease before insertion over the axle profile.
Bearing Dolly Specifications:
- Small = 61.9m OD Suit 152123 bearing outer.
- Large = 89.8mm OD Suit 30210 bearing.
Purchase other bearing dolly styles below:
Couplemate Trailer Parts sells only the best quality 2t Bearing Dollys and caravan spare parts throughout Australia.
Customers are welcome to either pickup or take advantage of our low freight rates. Express shipping to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, and Hobart.
We also ship products to New Zealand via Australia Post Air Express.
© Steve Wotherspoon December 2, 2019. Images and text may be copied, provided a link back to the copied page and the source is displayed where the content or image is located.
Last Updated on