Bearing Dollys to suit Holden, Ford and Parallel Bearings
This bearing dolly takes the effort out of changing caravan and trailer bearings. Bearing dollies will last many years. If they mushroom at the head through too much hammering, cut the mushroom with a hacksaw.
How to install bearing cups
- Remove the old bearings then clean out the old grease.
- Tap in the outer cup until it is flush with the hub boss.
- Grab the bearing dolly and hold it vertical before giving it one smack with a lump hammer. This smack gets the cup started and before the hub journal. You should be able to feel the dolly stabilise on the outer side of the hub journals.
- Hold dolly vertical and smack home with the hammer. Once you hear a sound change, the cup has bedded itself on the bottom shoulder, and the job is finished.
- Lastly, turn the hub over and repeat the procedure on the other side.
Couplemate heavy duty bearing dollys are a must-have tool for workshops.
- Small Dolly Shoulder = 44.6 OD – Outer Cup
- Large Dolly Shoulder = 59.5 OD – Inner Cup
Finally, dust Cap Dolly to suit all dust caps or grease caps listed below.
Couplemate Trailer Parts sells only the best quality Bearing Dollys – SL and LM Bearing Cups and caravan spare parts throughout Australia.
Customers are welcome to either pickup or take advantage of our low freight rates. Express shipping to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, and Hobart.
We also ship products to New Zealand via Australia Post Air Express.
© Steve Wotherspoon December 2, 2019. Images and text may be copied, provided a link back to the copied page and the source is displayed where the content or image is located.