Last updated on December 3rd, 2019 at 09:12 am
2t Dexter grease seals require care during insertion into the hub. Dexter has its origins in American trailer industry.
On some seals, there is a small spring inserted under the lip of the seal.
Be careful not to dislodge this spring from under the lip.
Bearings are often destroyed by this spring when it inadvertently becomes dislodged.
- Careful smear a small amount of grease on the axle profile before inserting the hub over the axle.
- Always use seals with the metal outer. Rubber seals can be more difficult to insert into the hub.
Other grease seals can be found here:
- Grease Seal Holden LM
- Marine Seal LM
- Slimline – Parallel Standard seal
- Slimline – Parallel Marine SL Seal
- 1.5t Caravan Grease Seal
- 2t Caravan Bearing Seal | 64607
- 2t to 3t Marine Metal Bearing Seal
- 1.6t Dexter Grease Seal
- Simplicity Seals
Finally, Couplemate only uses the highest quality parts on all of its axle assemblies and that includes metal ring grease seals.