Last updated on January 11th, 2020 at 12:22 pm
2t Dexter grommet dust cap suits American drums and disc rotors.
Why is it difficult to insert a dust cap into the hub?
Some hubs do not have machined chamfers in the boss and rear of the hub. Therefore, Insertion can be difficult.
Using a pipe of the correct diameter can greatly improve the ease with which the dust cap can be installed. A 2t Dexter Grommet Dust cap can become lose if hammered into position too frequently even on the first insert. Once the dust cap is home, stop hitting it. An extra hit can actually make it loose-fitting.
Question: Should I fill my dust cap full of grease.
Answer: No, the purpose of the grease cap is to catch excess grease from the bearing cavity. Your grease cap should be inserted dry.
Grease is generally in oversupply during the greasing process and will exit the bearing cavity at high speeds and during the initial heating and cooling process. Note: Grease never re-enters the bearing cavity once caught in the grease cap.
What is the purpose of the dust cap?
- To catch grease?
- Or to prevent the ingress of dust?
- To assist bearing inspection. If you see black grease in the dust cap then your bearing is in need of clean and readjustment or replacement.
2t Dexter grommet dust cap, Grease will exit the bearing cavity at high speeds and during the initial heating and cooling process.
Other Dexter Dust Caps
- 1.98 Dust Cap Suit American Dexter.
- 52mm Dust Cap Suit American Dexter Pair.
- Dexter 2.441 Grease Cap Suit 2t.
Purchase similar grommet dust caps here:
- 45.2mm Australia Grommet Dust Cap (Pair).
- 2t Australian Grommet Dust Cap (Pair).
- 1.98 inch Dexter Grommet Dust Cap.