45.2mm standard dust cap can become lose if hammered into position too frequently even on the first insert.
Commercial trailer builders, OEM and service mechanics should also purchase this dust cap dolly.
If you are new to the world of towing, it can be a little overwhelming to understand all of the tips and tricks. Don’t despair, our experts are just a phone call away.
Standard dust caps fit the following hubs and bearing sets;
Some hubs do not have machined chamfers in the boss and rear of the hub.
- Insertion of any dust cap can be painful.
- Using a pipe of the correct diameter will significantly improve the ease of which the dust cap inserts.
- Dust cap can become lose if hammered into position too frequently even on the first insert.
- Once the dust cap is home, stop hitting it. Extra hitting can make the grease cap, loose-fitting.
Question: Should I fill my grease cap full of grease.
Answer: No, the purpose of the grease cap is to catch excess grease from the bearing cavity. Your grease cap should be inserted dry.
- Grease is generally in oversupply during the greasing process.
- Grease will exit the bearing cavity at high speeds and during the initial heating and cooling process.
- It never re-enters the bearing cavity one caught in the grease cap.
What is the purpose of a standard galvanised grease cap?
- To catch grease?
- Or to prevent the ingress of dust?
The correct answer is both options are right.
Is your marine grease seal installed correctly? View our video here.
45.2mm Standard Dust Cap for Caravans and Trailers
Couplemate Trailer Parts sells only the best quality 45.2mm Standard Dust Cap and caravan spare parts throughout Australia.
Customers are welcome to either pickup or take advantage of our low freight rates. Express shipping to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, and Hobart.
We also ship products to New Zealand via Australia Post Air Express.
© Steve Wotherspoon December 1, 2019. Images and text may be copied, provided a link back to the copied page and the source is displayed where the content or image is located.