Last updated on January 11th, 2020 at 12:22 pm
52mm Dust Cap Suit American Dexter. Dust cap can become lose if hammered into position too frequently even on the first insert.
- Some hubs do not have machined chamfers in the boss and rear of the hub.
- Insertion can be difficult. Using a pipe of the correct diameter can greatly improve the ease of which the dust cap can be installed.
- Dust cap can become lose if hammered into position too frequently even on the first insert.
- Once the dust cap is home, stop hitting it. The extra hit can actually make it loose-fitting.
Question: Should I fill my grease cap full of grease.
Answer: No, the purpose of the grease cap is to catch excess grease from the bearing cavity. Your grease cap should be inserted dry.
Grease is generally in oversupply during the greasing process.
Will grease exit the bearing cavity at high speeds and during the initial heating and then re-enter the cavity during the cooling process?
Grease never re-enters the bearing cavity one caught in the grease cap.
What is the purpose of the grease cap?
- To catch grease?
- Or to prevent the ingress of dust?
Other Dexter Dust Caps
- 1.98 Dust Cap Suit American Dexter.
- 1.98 inch Dexter Grommet Dust Cap.
- 52mm Dust Cap Suit American Dexter Pair.
- Dexter 2.441 Grease Cap Suit 2t.
- 4″ Dexter Screw Dust Cap.
52mm Dust Cap Suit American Dexter Pair