52mm Dust Cap Suit American Dexter Pair
52mm Dust Cap Suit American Dexter. Dust cap can become loose if hammered into position too frequently, even on the first insert.
- Some hubs do not have machined chamfers in the boss and rear of the hub.
- Insertion can be difficult. Using a pipe of the correct diameter can significantly improve the ease of installing the dust cap.
- Dust cap can become loose if hammered into position too frequently, even on the first insert.
- Once the dust cap is home, stop hitting it. The extra hit can make it loose-fitting.
Question: Should I fill my grease cap full of grease?
Answer: No, the purpose of the grease cap is to catch excess grease from the bearing cavity. Your grease cap should be inserted dry.
Grease is generally in oversupply during the greasing process.
Will grease exit the bearing cavity at high speeds during the initial heating and then re-enter the cavity during the cooling process?
Grease never re-enters the bearing cavity once caught in the grease cap.
What is the purpose of the grease cap?
- To catch grease?
- Or to prevent the ingress of dust?
The purpose of a dust cap is to prevent dust, dirt and grime from entering the bearing. It also serves as an access point to the hub to change the bearings.
Purchase Dexter Seals, Dust Caps and Bearings
|18 × 12 × 3 cm