52mm Dust Cap Suit American Dexter Pair
52mm Dust Cap Suit American Dexter. Dust cap can become lose if hammered into position too frequently even on the first insert.
- Some hubs do not have machined chamfers in the boss and rear of the hub.
- Insertion can be difficult. Using a pipe of the correct diameter can greatly improve the ease of which the dust cap can be installed.
- Dust cap can become lose if hammered into position too frequently even on the first insert.
- Once the dust cap is home, stop hitting it. The extra hit can actually make it loose-fitting.
Question: Should I fill my grease cap full of grease.
Answer: No, the purpose of the grease cap is to catch excess grease from the bearing cavity. Your grease cap should be inserted dry.
Grease is generally in oversupply during the greasing process.
Will grease exit the bearing cavity at high speeds and during the initial heating and then re-enter the cavity during the cooling process?
Grease never re-enters the bearing cavity one caught in the grease cap.
What is the purpose of the grease cap?
- To catch grease?
- Or to prevent the ingress of dust?
Purchase Dexter Dust Caps
- 1.98 Dust Cap Suit American Dexter
- 1.98 inch Dexter Grommet Dust Cap
- Dexter 2.441 Grease Cap Suit 2t
- 4″ Dexter Screw Dust Cap
Couplemate Trailer Parts sells only the best quality 52mm Dust Cap Suit American Dexter Pair and caravan spare parts throughout Australia.
Customers are welcome to either pickup or take advantage of our low freight rates. Express shipping to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, and Hobart.
We also ship products to New Zealand via Australia Post Air Express.
© Steve Wotherspoon December 2, 2019. Images and text may be copied, provided a link back to the copied page and the source is displayed where the content or image is located.