AL-KO Mechanical Disc Caliper – 2000kg
AL-KO mechanical disc caliper, forward pull to suit single axle or tandem trailers up to 2t.
How to use correctly:
- Single Axle and Tandem axle trailers up to 1400kg (14″ wheels) and 1300kg (16″ wheels)use the standard model disc caliper.
- Single Axle and Tandem trailers over 1400kg and up to 2000kg use this mechanical brake caliper.
Maximum braking capacity 2000kg on a Tandem 45mm Axle and 2000kg on a 50mm Square 2t Axle.
- Mechanical Disc Brake
- Galvanised disc caliper body and lever.
- Suits hydraulic pads only #341103
- Suit Hydraulic Caliper Mounts.
- Suits both independent rubber suspension axles and beam axles.
- Suitable for disc thickness from 10mm to 15mm.
- Disc and Caliper range to fit wheels from 13” to 16” diameter.
- Dual brake ratios.
- Easy to operate and adjust.
TIP: Use the bolt on your disc caliper to help keep your pads straight when braking. Quite often pads wear prematurely when this bolt is not tight causing the pads to bed into the disc at an angle.
The cable adjuster removes slack from stretched cable. Just the adjustment bolt to adjust for pad wear.
Popular mechanical disc caliper to suit 10″ and 12″ disc rotors.
Note: We recommend to use a medium strength Loctite on all thread surfaces.
Tip: Adjust the disc caliper bolt until tight then back off 1/2 turn.
This adjustment helps prevent pad chatter and keeps you pads perfectly aligned during braking.
The cable adjuster near the override coupling should only be used to remove slack from the cable.