Last updated on October 22nd, 2019 at 05:33 pm
Stainless caliper spring can be more easily assembled by removing the caliper arm and then reinserting the caliper adjustment bolt.
You will require long nose pliers to fit these springs.
They are quite a tight fit.
Fitting this caliper spring is quite difficult and frustrating. Certainly not a job for the handyman on the first attempt.
So here is a tip to stop the sweat, tears and possibly blood.
- Un-bolt the arm holding the caliper to the body.
- Insert the caliper spring into the caliper arm and then into the caliper body.
- It is easy now because the caliper arm is free so you can change angles.
- Insert the caliper arm back into position may require a little force.
- Slide in the bolt and re-tighten.
- Screw the adjustment bolt tight then back off half a turn.
Your caliper spring is now replaced and your brakes are now correctly adjusted.