Last updated on January 11th, 2020 at 12:25 pm
Tekonsha Prodigy P2 is one of the most versatile brake controllers on the market. It features digital voltage and reverses polarity protection which is the cause of most installation failures.
- Reverse battery protection for both vehicle and breakaway
- Designed to work with electric over hydraulic brake systems
- Numerous mounting options – including 360-degree vertical rotation
- Digital display depicts voltage delivery to trailer during braking
- No level adjustment necessary – it adjusts itself to varying terrain as you drive
- Great for backing into tough spots! Works proportionally in reverse with the ability to disable when not needed
- Produces stops that are in proportion to vehicles deceleration rate
- “Boost” feature gives users the ability to apply more initial trailer braking power when towing heavier trailers
- Continual diagnostics check for proper connection, shorted magnet conditions and much more
- Quick and easy disconnect feature allows a user to remove and store the control when not in use
- Electric trailer brake control for up to 4 braking axles
- Limited lifetime warranty
I would recommend you start over with your Tekonsha Prodigy P2 Brake Controller # 90885 and go through the setup process again so that it will be properly set up.
The first step is to connect your trailer to your tow vehicle. Next, with the engine running, hold the manual lever full to the left and set the power knob to indicate approximately 6.0.
Now you will want to drive your tow vehicle and trailer on a dry, level, paved surface and fully apply the manual lever. If the trailer tires lock up to turn down the adjustment knob. You will want to repeat the previous step until you set the brakes at a point that is right before tire lock-up. Finally, you will want to use the brake pedal to make a few low-speed stops to check the power level.
More links to brake controllers are listed here
- Tekonsha Primus IQ Brake Controller
- Tekonsha Prodigy P2
- Metal Chassis – 1 Axle
- Metal Chassis – 2 axle Trailer
- Tekonsha Prodigy P3