Reflectors for Trailers and Caravans
- supplied with adhesive backing.
- 82mm x 20mm x 7.5mm.
A Vehicle Examiner would check when inspecting your trailer. Use this guide as a checklist and tick the boxes as you go.
(below is an NSW vehicle examiners checklist.)
All globes, lenses, reflector and controls must be in working order and work effectively. Faded lenses reduce effectiveness.
Number plate light
Must be in working order and capable of illuminating the number plate.
The plate must face outwards from the rear of the trailer, in an upright position, parallel to the vehicle axle/s and be legible from a distance of 20 metres.
Side marking lights
- Option 1 (for trailers that exceed 2200 mm in width and 7500 mm long only). Trailers must have one lamp fitted either side and within 300mm from rear of a vehicle, in the middle if over 7500mm long. The light must show an orange glow to the front and a red light to the back.
- Option 2 (an extended trailer that exceeds 6000mm). Trailers must have one light either side within 1000mm from the rear and either side within 3000mm from the front of the trailer. The side marker light other than the rear lamp must show amber only and the rear light amber to the front and red to the rear.
Note: Side marker lights cannot be spaced more than 3000 mm apart. Additional lights must be fitted if this is the case.
The reflector must be non-triangular in shape.
Trailers must be fitted with:
- two red reflectors at the rear;
- two white reflectors at the front of the trailer; and
- orange reflectors on both sides of the trailer.
Trailer light laws and registration requirements.
- New South Wales
- Western Australia
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Australian Capital Territory
Associated lighting equipment
- 100mm x 100mm LED Combination Tail Lamps
- 100mm x 150mm LED Combination Tail Lamps
- LED Number Plate Lamps
- LED Side Market Lamps
- VIN Plate for Trailers
Couplemate Trailer Parts sells only the best quality Reflectors for Trailers and Caravans and caravan spare parts throughout Australia.
Customers are welcome to either pickup or take advantage of our low freight rates. Express shipping to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, and Hobart.
We also ship products to New Zealand via Australia Post Air Express.
© Steve Wotherspoon April 23, 2018. Images and text may be copied, provided a link back to the copied page and the source is displayed where the content or image is located.
Last Updated on