3.5t Al-ko off-road coupling is rated at 3500 kg. The Alko coupling offers a lower profile at the tow ball than most other off-road couplers.
3 off-road coupling models
- 2.0 Tonne fixed, (not commonly used as it is a similar price to the 3500kg model)
- 3.5 Tonne fixed and
- 2.0 Tonne Override.
Featuring 360-degree head articulation and a positive tow ball latching system. The Al-ko Off-Road Coupling is easy to fit and requires no difficult pin or hole alignment.
Fatigue tested to 2 million cycles; the Al-ko Off-Road Coupling is available from all good trailer parts and off-road trailer retailers.
Taking about fatigue, vibration fatigue is a good reason you need shock absorbers. Read here.
Al-ko Off-Road Coupling
- Huge 360-degree Articulation
- Fully Compliant to Australian Standards
- User-friendly, fits standard 50mm tow ball
- Head height is approximately 125mm from top of the tongue to the top of the high shoulder tow ball.
- Corrosive Resistant
- Zinc or Dacromet plated components
- Unique, attractive design
- Fatigue tested to 2 million cycles
- Self-lubricating head pivot bushes
- Standard mounting hole positions
- Positive ball latching, incorporating high impact Poly Carbonate ABS handgrip system
- Developed and engineered in Australia for harsh Australian conditions.
Finally, consider the following when selecting a coupling:
- Type of brakes used?
- What is the maximum total loaded weight of the trailer planned to be?
- Can I use a 50mm ball or do I need a ring type attachment?
High Shoulder Tow Balls
Extreme angles can cause the Al-ko off-road coupling to contact the tow hitch causing damage.
Consider a high rise tow ball to give extra clearance over heavy ground.