AL-KO Override Ball Coupling to suit 1t or 2t brake spring kits
Al-ko Override Ball Coupling is used on 2t disc rotors, mechanical and hydraulic braking systems.
Hole Spacings 184mm x 54mm x 13.5mm
Trailers under 1000kg require a smaller internal spring. Two couplings are available, they are
- 1000kg Spring
- 2000kg spring
AL-KO Override Ball Coupling and Complies with Australian Standards. Override couplings suit the following hydraulic brake systems:-
- 3/4″ Master Cylinder on a bracket for single axle trailers.
- 7/8″ Master Cylinder on a bracket for tandem axle trailers.
- 1″ Master Cylinder on a bracket for tri-axle trailers.
- Hydraulic Master Cylinder Bracket
Be sure to buy a brass 3/16″ adaptor to insert into the Master Cylinder. The 3/6″ tube will have a flared end and this need to be fitted into an adaptor to properly seal the connection.
The adjustment nut on the head of the coupling is a 1/2″ BSW thread. This nut prevents the coupling from jumping on the tow ball and creates and tight fit by removing slop that can occur through wear,
To properly adjust this nut;
- Put pressure on the coupling head so that it is firmly on the tow ball.
- Loosen the nut.
- Screw down the thread so that you can feel it touch the top of the tow ball.
- Now tighten the locking nut being careful not to unscrew the threaded screw.
Your coupling should now be tight and ready to tow.
- Coupling Head Adjustment Screw and Nut
- Coupling Head Tongue Assembly Alko
- Trigger – Spring – Roll Pin
- Override Coupling Reversing Stop
Note: You will also require a parking brake lever and a cable kit or perhaps master cylinders.
Couplemate Trailer Parts sells only the best quality 2t Override Coupling Al-ko® and caravan spare parts throughout Australia.
Customers are welcome to either pickup or take advantage of our low freight rates. Express shipping to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, and Hobart.
We also ship products to New Zealand via Australia Post Air Express.
© Steve Wotherspoon May 10, 2014. Images and text may be copied, provided a link back to the copied page and the source is displayed where the content or image is located.