Coupling Head Adjustment Screw and Nut. Suits only AL-KO couplings. 1/2 inch BSW Thread.
NOTE: Does not fit most imported couplings.
Two types of coupling screws;
- 1/2 inch BSW thread
- 12mm Metric
If unsure about the exact specification of your coupling, customers usually buy one of each.
The coupling head adjuster tightened the coupling head on the tow ball. Couplings wear, and tow balls wear.
So the procedure to tighten the coupling head is:-
- First, fit the coupling to the tow ball.
- Make sure you have full weight on the tow ball.
- Loosen the locking nut while holding the thread with a screwdriver.
- Tighten the threaded part until you have contact with the tow ball.
- Loosen 1/8 of a turn and then lock the locknut onto the coupling.