Coupling Head tongue Assembly suits only AL-KO couplings only.
We do not carry replacement coupling tongue assemblies for other brands.
Two roll pins need to be knocked out. They are located on the handle and on the trigger pin.
Once you have replaced the handle, check the adjustment bolt and adjust the coupling head.
The coupling head adjuster tightened the coupling head on the tow ball. Couplings wear and tow balls wear.
So the procedure to tighten the coupling head is:-
- First, fit the coupling to the tow ball.
- Make sure you have full weight on the tow ball.
- Loosen the locking nut whilst holding the thread with a screwdriver.
- Tighten the threaded part until you have contact with the tow ball.
- Loosen 1/8 of turn and then lock the locknut onto the coupling.