Park Brake Handle suits Boat Trailers
Park Brake handle or lever for a boat trailer applies a braking force to a disc rotor, on a draw bar-type boat trailer.
This park brake lever is also an emergency parking brake.
Suits drawbars with the following widths.
The galvanised marine park brake lever or hand brake is positioned over a drawbar to engage a cable connecting the brake callipers.
During braking, the override coupling activates the parking brake, which in turn pulls the brake callipers.
- Position the drawbar handle against the override bumper on the back of the override brake assembly.
- Mark the hole position to create a pin location and drill through the middle of your drawbar. Affix the marine brake handle with a suitable bolt.
- Locate the pivot bolt in the middle of the chassis rail
- Connect the park brake cable from the disc brake on the bottom arm to the galvanised marine brake handle.
The CM791, 8-meter cable kit is the standard length of a galvanised park brake. Purchase the equipment here.
Finally, override couplings that suit this parking brake handle lever are
- 2t Override Coupling | Al-ko
- 75mm Ring Override Coupling 2t
- 2t Alko Override Off-Road Coupling
- 2000kg OZ Hitch Override Offroad Coupling
Couplemate Trailer Parts sells only the best quality Park Brake Handle | Boat Trailer and caravan spare parts throughout Australia.
Customers are welcome to either pickup or take advantage of our low freight rates. Express shipping to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, and Hobart.
We also ship products to New Zealand via Australia Post Air Express.
© Steve Wotherspoon May 10, 2014. Images and text may be copied, provided a link back to the copied page and the source is displayed where the content or image is located.