Park Brake Handle for Boat Trailers
The Park Brake handle or lever for a boat trailer applies a braking force to a disc rotor on a draw bar-type boat trailer.
This park brake lever is also an emergency parking brake.
It suits drawbars with the following widths.
The galvanised marine park brake lever or hand brake is positioned over a drawbar to engage a cable connecting the brake callipers.
During braking, the override coupling activates the parking brake, pulling the brake callipers.
- Position the drawbar handle against the override bumper on the back of the brake assembly.
- Mark, the hole position to create a pin location and drill through the middle of your drawbar. Affix the marine brake handle with a suitable bolt.
- Locate the pivot bolt in the middle of the chassis rail
- Connect the park brake cable from the disc brake on the bottom arm to the galvanised marine brake handle.
The CM791, 8-meter cable kit is the standard length of a galvanised park brake. Purchase the equipment here.
Finally, override couplings that suit this parking brake handle lever are
- 2t Mechanical Override Coupling AL-KO
- 75mm Ring Override Coupling 2t