10 inch Electric Drum
- 1000kg standard bearings – 11949 / 67048
- 1250kg composite bearings – 12749 / 67048
- 1450kg slimline Bearings – 12749 / 68049
- 1600kg parallel bearings – 68049 x 2
A few years ago, we were worried about the increasing loss of quality and increasing complaints from imported drums.
We decided to make a better 10-inch drum brake to ensure electric brake drums were first class and we could take ownership of a quality product. We also gained the opportunity to make a variety of uniquely studded drums within 48 hours.
Today we sell, Australian made Couplemate 10″ brake drums and Alko 12″ brake drums to the RV markets and for retail consumption.
10 inch Drum Specifications
- Gemini/Holda – PCD 100mm – 4 x 7/16″ Studs – 1000kg per axle
- Datsun – PCD 114mm – 4 x 7/16″ Studs – 1000kg per axle
- Mini – PCD 101.6mm – 4 x 7/16″ Studs – 1000kg per axle
- Cortina- PCD 107.95mm – 4 x 7/16″ Studs – 1000kg per axle
- 5 Stud HT Holden – PCD 4.25 inch – 5 x 7/16 UNF Studs
- HQ Holden – PCD 4.5 inch – 5 x 7/16 UNF Studs
- Commodore – PCD 120mm – UNF 5 x 7/16 Studs
- Ford – PCD 4.5 inch – 5 x 1/2 UNF Studs
- Landcruiser PCD 139.7mm – 6 x 1/2 UNF Studs
- Landcruiser PCD 150mm – 5 x 9/16 UNF Studs
- 14mm Studs – Landcruiser PCD 150mm
- Nissan PCD 114.3mm – 6 x 1/2 UNF Studs
- F100 PCD 139.7mm – 5 x 1/2 UNF Studs
- Range Rover Discovery PCD 120mm – 5 x 5/8 UNF Studs
- Land Rover – PCD 6.5″ – 5 x 9/16 UNF Studs
- Land Rover – PCD 6.5″ – 5 x 5/8 UNF Studs
- LandRover – PCD 6.5″ – 8 x 1/2 UNF Studs
Note: other PCD’s made to order. Contact Couplemate if your drum is not listed above.
High-Quality Trailer Brakes can be purchased below
- Electric Brake Conversion Kit
- 10 inch Dexter Offroad Electric Brake Kit
- 10-inch Premium Electric Brake Assembly
- Premium Offroad Electric Drums Kit
Suits LM Holden
- Inner ID 31.75mm, OD 59.10mm
- Outer ID 19.05mm, OD 45.20mm
- Seal ID 37.5mm, OD 59.10mm
- Grease Cap 45.20mm
10-inch electric kit suit Slimline Ford 5 Stud
- Inner ID 35.00mm, OD 59.10mm
- Outer ID 22.00mm, OD 45.20mm
- Seal ID 43.9mm, OD 59.10mm
- Grease Cap 45.20mm
Trailer and caravan electric brakes have a variety of problems—not just worn bearing journals. The only thing you can do with worn outer bearing journals is to replace the drum. If you’re stuck in the bush and need a quick fix, Loctite your cups into your drums and drive slowly to your nearest service mechanic. (Store Locator)
The fix will last until you get into the next big town without the need for an emergency tow. Limit your speed to 60 km, and hobble into town — also lookout for a worn magnet face, both on your magnet and on your inner drums. Worn surfaces will decrease braking efficiency by about 70%.
When you’re out in the Australian outback, your vehicle and caravan trailer have to deal with a lot more than just a bumpy ride. The temperature outside is reasonably hot, and most parts of your car, especially, the suspension, the brakes, and the springs, are subject to large amounts of physical stress.
Please note: Wheel nuts not included.
Learn how to fix electric drum brakes
- Learn the Secrets of Electric Brake Magnets
- How electric drum magnets can become electrically ineffective
- Electric Brakes made Simple in 2019
Couplemate Trailer Parts sells only the best quality 10 inch Electric Brake Drum and caravan spare parts throughout Australia.
Customers are welcome to either pickup or take advantage of our low freight rates. Express shipping to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, and Hobart.
We also ship products to New Zealand via Australia Post Air Express.
© Steve Wotherspoon April 11, 2014. Images and text may be copied, provided a link back to the copied page and the source is displayed where the content or image is located.
Last Updated on