The 10-inch electric brake drum is made in Australia by Couplemate. The brake hub drum rated capacity is 1450kg using Slimline Bearings.
- Holden HT – PCD 4.25 inch – 5 x 7/16 UNF Studs
- HQ Holden – PCD 4.5 inch – 5 x 7/16 UNF Studs
- Commodore – PCD 120mm – UNF 5 x 7/16 Studs
- Ford – PCD 4.5 inch – 5 x 1/2 UNF Studs
- Landcruiser PCD 139.7mm – 6 x 1/2 UNF Studs
- Landcruiser PCD 150mm – 5 x 9/16 UNF Studs
- 14mm Studs – Landcruiser PCD 150mm
- Nissan PCD 114.3mm – 6 x 1/2 UNF Studs
- F100 PCD 139.7mm – 5 x 1/2 UNF Studs
- Range Rover Discovery PCD 120mm – 5 x 5/8 UNF Studs
- Land Rover – PCD 6.5″ – 5 x 9/16 UNF Studs
- Land Rover – PCD 6.5″ – 5 x 5/8 UNF Studs
- LandRover – PCD 6.5″ – 8 x 1/2 UNF Studs
Note: other PCD’s can be made to order.
High-Quality Electric Parts can be purchased below
- Electric Brake Conversion Drum Kit
- 10 inch Dexter Offroad Electric Brake Kit
- 10-inch Premium Electric Brake Assembly
- Premium Offroad Electric Brake Kit
Suits LM Holden
- Inner ID 31.75mm, OD 59.10mm
- Outer ID 19.05mm, OD 45.20mm
- Seal ID 37.5mm, OD 59.10mm
- Grease Cap 45.20mm
10-inch electric drum suit Slimline Ford 5 Stud
- Inner ID 35.00mm, OD 59.10mm
- Outer ID 22.00mm, OD 45.20mm
- Seal ID 43.9mm, OD 59.10mm
- Grease Cap 45.20mm
Electric brake drums can have a variety of problems—not just worn bearing journals. The only thing you can do with worn outer bearing journals is to replace the drum. If you’re stuck in the bush and need a quick fix, Loctite your cups into your drums.
The fix will last until you get into the next big town. Limit your speed to 60 km, and hobble into town — also lookout for a worn magnet face, both on your magnet and on your inner drums. Worn surfaces will decrease braking efficiency by about 70%.
When you’re out in the Australian outback, your vehicle and caravan trailer have to deal with a lot more than just a bumpy ride. The temperature outside is reasonably hot, and most parts of your car, especially, the suspension, the brakes, and the springs, are subject to large amounts of physical stress.
Please note: Wheel nuts not included.
Couplemate sells and delivers only the highest quality electric drum brakes and trailer brake kits throughout Australia—covering the Northern Territory, Western Australia, South Australia, Victoria, New South Wales, and Queensland. We also ship products via Australia Post Air to New Zealand.