Bluetooth HubOdometer | Know Your Distance
The Couplemate™ Bluetooth HubOdometer is helps you keep an accurate record of your trailer or caravan kilometers. Easily program this device through your phone - anytime, anywhere.
Couplemate™ HubOdometers are a preferred choice for Australian government and mining trailers, and are increasingly gaining popularity with caravanners and day-to-day work trailers. By installing a HubOdometer, you can ensure you have an accurate logbook for maintenance events.
The Couplemate™ Bluetooth HubOdometer is a multi-piece device which allow you easily remove and check your bearings.
- Housing Materials: Aluminium
- Installation & Programming Time: 15/20 minutes
- Battery Life: 4-7 Years
* Battery life highly depends on usage. Spare electrical components can be purchased here.
How to Select the Correct Version
To choose the right HubOdometer, simply match-up your bearing numbers.
- LM / SL - LM11949 or LM12749
- Parallel - LM68149
- 2.0t AL-KO - LM15123
- 2.0t Dexter - LM15123
- 2.0t Cruisemaster
- 3.0t AL-KO - HR29749
Please also ensure that your wheel boss size is compatible.
- Slimline Bearings: 73mm Boss
- 2.0t Bearings: 95mm Boss
N.B. The Bluetooth Hubodometer is designed to measure the circumference of a new tyre. Worn and older tyres will vary a little to the actual distance covered.
HubOdometer App Setup
To program the device, you will need to download the phone app onto your Apple or Android device.
Please note that the phone app does not record mileage. Should the device need to be reprogrammed (due to a service or tyre change), it can be done through this app.
Once the application has been downloaded, you will need to:
- Select your preferred unit of measure.
- Input your desired vehicle distance.
- Input your tyre details.
For utmost accuracy, Couplemate™ recommends setting your tyre details via Revolutions (available below).
HubOdometer Installation Guide
The Bluetooth HubOdometer can be easily installed in 15 to 20 minutes and can be done alone.
Click here to read the full installation guide or follow the instructions below:
- Remove the existing dust cap from trailer hub.
- Remove the grub screw (M5 x 8mm) from the bottom housing of the HubOdometer with a 2.5mm allen key.
- Unscrew the adaptor flange from the HubOdomter housing.
- Clean the mounting surface on the trailer hub.
- Apply a medium-grade adhesive (such as Loctite) to the mounting surface of the Hubodometer.
- Align Hubodometer with the trailer hub.
- Place a soft piece of timer (or similar item) on the inside face of the adaptor flange, then tap the Hubodometer into position.
- Screw the top housing into the adaptor flange and fit the grub screw, ensuring it is tightened. Do not apply torque to this screw.
Did You Know?
New car tires are calibrated to match your car's speedometer, each tire having a designated circumference.
Even a minimal 10mm reduction in tire tread can significantly diminish both speed and distance traveled. Nevertheless, the speed is primarily regulated by the rotations of your gearbox.
For instance, when travelling at 105kmph, the effective speed on worn tires might only around 100kmph. To ensure precision in determining your speed, we suggest relying on the GPS function on your mobile phone for a more accurate reading.
Australian Patent 2017904069 - Couplemate Trailer Parts
|Dimensions||6 × 6 × 8 cm|
LM/SL, Parallel, 2.0t Cruisemaster, 2.0t Dexter, 2.0t AL-KO, 3.0t AL-KO