The Al-ko iQ7 XTREME Controller incorporates a number of unique features designed to maximise the performance of your braking system.
Auto Detect Feature
The iQ7 XTREME incorporates an ‘Auto Detect’ function enabling it to identify which type of braking system has been connected. The detect button alters its electronic signal automatically in order to achieve maximum brake performance.
When in Electric Brake mode (if installed) the LED on the mouse is orange. The intensity will increase as braking increases. In AL-KO iQ7 XTREME mode the LED on the mouse is green and will change to orange when brakes are applied. The intensity will increase as braking increases.
The tow vehicle power supply will need to be turned off then turned on again to enable trailer detection. If changing between trailers utilising varying actuator types (i.e. AL-KO iQ7 XTREME to Electric).
The patented AL-KO iQ7 XTREME Pad is mounted onto the brake pedal of the tow vehicle. A pressure-sensitive film incorporated into the pad measures the force being applied in a braking situation and converts this into a variable voltage signal.
The AL-KO iQ7 XTREME controller Mouse is to be mounted in the cab of the towing vehicle within easy reach of the driver.
The mouse serves a number of functions:
- Panic Button: The panic button provides an antisway function. Should the trailer get into a sway the panic button is pressed, applying a light braking force to the trailer independent to the towing vehicle. The brakes will be applied lightly for 3 seconds only and should assist in the straightening of the trailer. The tow vehicle & trailer stoplights are also activated.
- Variable Gain Control: Enables the driver of the towing vehicle to set the amount of trailer braking from within the cab. Ideally, the gain should be set so as the towing vehicle and trailer brake together.
Excessive braking of the trailer will result in premature wearing of the trailers brake shoes/pads.
Purchase Al-ko IQ7 Actuators and spare parts here
- Al-ko® IQ7 Electric Hydraulic Brake Controller
- Al-ko® IQ7 Outback Electric Brake Actuator
- IQ7 Xtreme Electronic Control Unit
Couplemate Trailer Parts sells only the best quality Al-ko IQ7 Xtreme Controller and caravan spare parts throughout Australia.
Customers are welcome to either pickup or take advantage of our low freight rates. Express shipping to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, and Hobart.
We also ship products to New Zealand via Australia Post Air Express.
© Steve Wotherspoon April 22, 2020. Images and text may be copied, provided a link back to the copied page and the source is displayed where the content or image is located.
Last Updated on