The Al-ko iQ7 XTREME Controller incorporates a number of unique features designed to maximise the performance of your braking system.
Auto Detect Feature
The iQ7 XTREME incorporates an ‘Auto Detect’ function enabling it to identify which type of braking system has been connected. The detect button alters its electronic signal automatically in order to achieve maximum brake performance.
The mouse LED is normally green and as a result of braking turns orange. The LED intensity increases as braking increases.
Turn the tow vehicle power supply off then turned on again to enable trailer detection. If changing between trailers utilising varying actuator types (i.e. AL-KO iQ7 XTREME to Electric).
A pressure-sensitive pad measures the force being applied in a braking situation and converts this into a variable voltage signal.
Two types of footpad are available
- Automatic (wider pad)
Mount the AL-KO iQ7 XTREME controller mouse in the cab of the towing vehicle within easy reach of the driver.
The mouse serves a number of functions:
- Panic Button: The panic button provides an antisway function. Press the panic button should the trailer get into a sway. This button applies a light braking force to the trailer independent to the towing vehicle. The brakes engage lightly for 3 seconds only and assist in the straightening of the trailer. The tow vehicle & trailer stoplights are also activated.
- Variable Gain Control: Enables the driver of the towing vehicle to set the amount of trailer braking from within the cab. Set the gain so the towing vehicle and trailer brake together.
Excessive braking of the trailer results in premature wearing of the trailers brakes, shoes/pads.
Purchase Al-ko IQ7 Actuators and spare parts here
- Al-ko® IQ7 Electric Hydraulic Brake Controller
- Al-ko® IQ7 Outback Electric Brake Actuator
- IQ7 Xtreme Electronic Control Unit
Couplemate Trailer Parts sells only the best quality Al-ko IQ7 Xtreme Controller and caravan spare parts throughout Australia.
Customers are welcome to either pickup or take advantage of our low freight rates. Express shipping to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, and Hobart.
We also ship products to New Zealand via Australia Post Air Express.
© Steve Wotherspoon April 22, 2020. Images and text may be copied, provided a link back to the copied page and the source is displayed where the content or image is located.