Hydrastar 1600 psi Brake Actuator suits trailers OVER 3.2t
Hydrastar 1600 psi brake actuator is the latest model, Gen 7 hydraulic brake controller. Generation 7 requires an in-cab 12 vdc Tekonsha Primus IQ hard-wired brake controller.
Couplemate carries good stocks of Hydrastar and can ship immediately upon your order reaching our desk.
Website order gets premium treatment and goes to the top of the dispatch list.
1600 psi Hydrastar Specifications are:
- Application: single, tandem-axle and tri-axle trailers with disc brakes
- Maximum output pressure: 1,600 psi
- Power: 12V DC
- Hydraulic port size: 3/16.”
- Dimensions: 11-3/4″ long x 3″ wide x 7-3/8″ tall
- Wire configuration:
- Black: 12-volt power
- Blue: brake controller
- Yellow: breakaway
- White: ground
- 2-Year limited warranty
Hydrastar® equipment is available for
- 1200 psi is suitable for boat trailers up to 3.2 Tonne.
- Trailers over 3.2t require the 1600 psi model.
Furthermore, Carlisle offers a 2-year warranty on the HydraStar units.
What is a Breakaway Kit
A breakaway kit applies brakes for not less than 15 minutes in the event the trailer disconnects from the tow vehicle.
Note the CM702 breakaway kit is not supplied but required if your boat and trailer is over 2t.
Purchase a breakaway kit by clicking the image.
We try our best to get your purchase into the transport systems like Australia Post and Toll Ipec as quickly as possible.
Trailer braking is the most critical function of towing. Therefore, hydraulic braking for boat trailers provides the ultimate in control and safety
HydraStar® claim to have the quickest response time and the lowest current draw of any brake actuator on the market.
Note: Proportional controllers do not supply 100% of the voltage when the vehicle is not moving. Your car must be driving for the Hydrastar® to work correctly.
- Join a piece of clear plastic hose to the bleed nipple. Drill a hole in a plastic bottle and insert the plastic hose.
- The plastic bottle is required to enable you to view the contaminated fluid.
- To test the braking system, pull the pin on the breakaway kit to assist you in bleeding the brakes of hydraulic oil.
- Open the bleed nipple until the air in the fluid is expelled from the hose.
- Re-insert pin into the breakaway switch so not to overload the motor.
- Refill the hydraulic reservoir and repeat. Allow 5 minutes in between repeats to allow the pump motor to cool.
HydraStar units are available in
- 1200psi for trailers up to 3.5 Tonne
- 1600psi unit for those larger trailers higher than 3.5 Tonne.
Purchase Hydrastar – 1200 psi replacement parts here
- Hydrastar® Circuit Board
- Hydrastar® Gasket
- Replacement Cap
- Brass Hose Connectors
- Hydrastar Mounting Bracket
Couplemate recommends the use of stainless braided SAE hydraulic hose. Bundy tube or steel tube can become damaged and as a result, restricts the flow of brake fluid.
Braided hose is flexible and poly-coated for long life. Copper tube olive ends with small brass locking nuts.
Equipment like Alko and Trojan caliper requires an olive adaptor nut with copper washer to properly seal hydraulic connections.
Finally, stainless braided hydraulic hose is an excellent investment to use to connect your Hydrastar to the hydraulic calipers.
Couplemate Trailer Parts sells only the best quality Hydrastar 1600 psi and caravan spare parts throughout Australia.
Customers are welcome to either pickup or take advantage of our low freight rates. Express shipping to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, and Hobart.
We also ship products to New Zealand via Australia Post Air Express.
© Steve Wotherspoon April 24, 2015. Images and text may be copied, provided a link back to the copied page and the source is displayed where the content or image is located.