Replacement Hydraulic Cap
Replacement hydraulic cap to fit all Hydrastar models, all IQ7 models, 3/4″ and 7/8″ master cylinders.
The main reason hydraulic cylinder caps fail is UV degradation from sunlight. In other words, UV radiation kills hydraulic caps.
There are 4 main types of trailer hydraulic cap to suit
- Hydrastar 1200pis, 1600psi
- Al-ko IQ7 Standard, Outback and Extreme models.
- 3/4″ Master Cylinders
- 7/8″ Master Cylinders
- If you find the cap is missing, then it is wise to drain all of the hydraulic fluid from the reservoir and then refill.
- Once your reservoir is full, then you will need to drain the air out of your hydraulic system.
- It pays to put a piece of clear tube over your flushing nipple and flush into a clear, empty water bottle.
Not only is it important to clear all contaminants from your brake lines, but it is important to view the brake fluid after the fluid settles in the clear bottle.
What am I looking for?
You are looking for clear, uncontaminated fluid. If your fluid has been contaminated, then it has come from your piston cylinders and indicates they urgently need cleaning.
Importantly, before you remove your caliper pistons, buy a set of piston seals because the contamination has come through your old seals.
Couplemate Trailer Parts sells only the best quality Replacement Hydraulic Cap and caravan spare parts throughout Australia.
Customers are welcome to either pickup or take advantage of our low freight rates. Express shipping to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, and Hobart.
We also ship products to New Zealand via Australia Post Air Express.
© Steve Wotherspoon April 10, 2017. Images and text may be copied, provided a link back to the copied page and the source is displayed where the content or image is located.