Last updated on January 12th, 2020 at 11:26 am
3/8″ UNF Hydraulic Hose Fittings to suit Marine brake trailers.
3/8″ UNF Hydraulic Hose Fittings to suit. Dealer enquires welcome for even lower best prices on bulk quantities.
- hydraulic wheel cylinders
- hydraulic master cylinder
- disc hydraulic calipers
- hydraulic parts that require an olive seat
Brass adaptor nuts seal hydraulic lines into components like master cylinders and hydraulic disc brakes.
- Long tube nut – zinc
- Short tube nut – zinc
- Adaptor nut – Brass
- American Caliper tapered elbow – Brass
- Australian non-tapered elbow – suits all Australian Calipers used on 13″ and 14″ wheels – brass
- NEW | Australian non-tapered elbow – suits all Australian Calipers used on 13″ and 14″ wheels – brass
- 3-Way Brass Block – brass
- 4-Way Brass block – brass
- Copper washer
The copper washer is used to positively lock adaptor nuts into calipers.
If you find your disc brakes or hydraulic cylinder leaking then it is likely you have screwed the 3/8 inch nut on your hydraulic lines. directly into a component that requires an adaptor nut to complete termination.
Your hydraulic line connector is like to require an olive flange.
If you have not installed an olive flange then your connection will leak.
Calipers do not have olive flanges, therefore, you will need an adaptor nut.
Notice the lower hole on the right-hand image. This is a plastic insert, There is no olive flange inside this hole.
Teflon tape is recommended to be used on all fittings. Disc brakes can be either made from steel and be coated in dacroment or gal.
Yes, brass on brass connections should not leak but it is better to be safe than sorry.
Finally, brass is not a suitable metal for bonding hence the use of Teflon tape is recommended,