G80 Truck Trailer Safety Chain Holder | Suits up to 30t
G80 Truck trailer safety chain holders use a 4140 high tensile pin on vehicles that weigh over 3500 kg and up to 30 tonne.
Chain Holder Installation Instructions:
- Weld the safety chain holder to the tow bar.
- Weld safety chain holders directly to the trailer chassis rail as close as possible to the coupling.
- Aluminium Trailers - weld the chain holder to a plate then bolt the chain holder to the trailer via 4 x high tensile bolts.
- The triangle tag is a safety feature that prevents the 4140 pin from falling out of the holder.
Testing G80 Safety Chain Holders
Road safety starts with product safety and product testing.
The 200t press above is set up to destroy the safety chain holder to its breaking level and record the data.
- Every truck with a tow bar that tows a trailer over 3.5t must have a pair of safety chain holders attached. The holder has a 4140-grade pin.
- Mount the chain holders on either side and adjacent and as close as possible to the tow bar coupling.
- Furthermore, the attachment must withstand static forces that incur during towing and in particular, be resistant to cracks or breaks.
Chain Holder Technical Specifications
- 8t x 10mm Herc Alloy Safety Chain Holder
- 13.5t x 13mm Herc Alloy Safety Chain Holder
- 22t x 16mm Herc Alloy Safety Chain Holder
- 30t x 20mm Herc Alloy Safety Chain Holder