Truck Trailer Safety Chain Holder to suit 8t, 13.5t, 22t, 30t Vehicles
Truck trailer safety chain holders use a 4140 high tensile pin on vehicles that weigh over 3500 kg.
- Weld the safety chain holder to the tow bar.
- Weld safety chain holders directly to the trailer chassis rail as close as possible to the coupling.
- Aluminium Trailers – weld the chain holder to a plate then bolt the chain holder to the trailer via 4 x high tensile bolts.
Testing Safety Chain Holders
Road safety starts with product safety and product testing.
The 200t press above is set up to destroy the safety chain holder to its breaking level and record the data.
Welding plays a crucial role in safety. Incorrect or unprofessional welding causes dangerous situations.
- Every truck with a tow bar that tows a trailer over 3.5t must have a pair of safety chain holders attached.
- Mount the chain holders on either side and adjacent to the tow bar coupling.
- Furthermore, the attachment must withstand static forces that incur during towing and in particular, be resistant to cracks or breaks.
- 8t x 10mm Herc Alloy Safety Chain Holder
- 13.5t x 13mm Herc Alloy Safety Chain Holder
- 22t x 16mm Herc Alloy Safety Chain Holder
- 30t x 20mm Herc Alloy Safety Chain Holder
Couplemate Trailer Parts sells only the best quality Truck Safety Chain Holder and caravan spare parts throughout Australia.
Customers are welcome to either pickup or take advantage of our low freight rates. Express shipping to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, and Hobart.
We also ship products to New Zealand via Australia Post Air Express.
© Steve Wotherspoon July 9, 2014. Images and text may be copied, provided a link back to the copied page and the source is displayed where the content or image is located.