Safety Chain Hammerlock and Holder – Trailer Side
Safety Chain Hammerlock and Holder – Trailer Side.
- One set to suit trailers up to 2.5t.
- Trailers over 2.5t require two sets.
Galvanised Chain and shackles are illegal on all trailers over 3.5t.
It is essential to remember
- No chain welding over 2.5t
- No chain welding below the chassis rails.
Trailers up to 2.5 tonnes ATM must have at least one safety chain complying with AS 4177.4 – 1994 (Trailer and light trailer towing components – Safety chains up to 3.5 tonnes capacity), or as amended from time to time.
This standard allows for steel safety chains by the following
- up to 1.0 tonne, a chain size of 6.3 mm
- up to 1.6 tonnes, a chain size of 8 mm
- from 1.6t to 2.5t, a chain size of 10 mm
Trailers over 2.5 and up to 3.5 tonnes ATM must have two safety chains complying with AS 4177.4 – 1994 or as amended from time to time. This standard allows for steel safety chains by the following:
• up to 3.5 tonnes, a chain size of 13 mm.
- more than 3.5 tonnes ATM,
- all medium and heavy category pig trailers with rigid drawbars,
- any other trailers without breakaway brakes
- and all fixed and rigid pig trailers with a GTM higher than 2.5 tonnes and fitted with automatic pin-type couplings,
Must be equipped with safety chains.
Purchase attachments for Dee Shackles
- Rated Bow Shackles – 4WD
- Rated Dee Shackle
- Dee Shackles and Safety Chains
- Safety Chain Holder for Aluminium Chassis
- Safety Chain Holder to 3.5t
- Hammerlock to suit Galvanised Safety Chain
Finally, Key Points
- 10mm Chain Holders can be welded to trailers up to 2.5t
- Safety Chain must be affixed to holders via a Hammerlock or Cam Lock
- Dee Shackles are prohibited for use when securing a safety chain to a trailer
Couplemate Trailer Parts sells only the best quality Safety Chain With Hammerlock And Holder Kit and caravan spare parts throughout Australia.
Customers are welcome to either pickup or take advantage of our low freight rates. Express shipping to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, and Hobart.
We also ship products to New Zealand via Australia Post Air Express.
© Steve Wotherspoon October 29, 2016. Images and text may be copied, provided a link back to the copied page and the source is displayed where the content or image is located.