Truck Trailer Safety Chain Holder Kit
Truck Trailer Safety Chain Holder Kit inc Herc Alloy Chains. | 10mm – 20mm pins | Suitable for trailers from 3.5t up to 30t.
- High Tensile safety chain holders are mandatory on all trailer type vehicles with an ATM over 3500 kg.
- The safety chain holder is an innovative solution that provides an attachment point on truck and trailer for safety chains.
- 10mm – 7.2t
- 13mm – 13.5t
- 16mm – 22t
- 19mm – 30t
- The safety chain holder is welded to the tow bar.
- The holder also may be welded to a plate which is attached to the chassis rail via 4 x high tensile bolts.
- Herc Alloy safety chains are 80cm long.
Let’s discuss a few facts with references and a few myths from the campfire.
- Dee or Bow shackles must be compatible with a rated safety chain. Therefore, it must be stamped with a rating. How do you prove compatibility? (CI-119C, Page 2, para 3)
- Each Chain must be sized such that the minimum breaking load exceeds the ATM. (VSB1 Page 27, para 4)
- Safety Chain must be stamped at intervals not exceeding four links. (CI-119C, Page 1, para 8)
- The Break Load Limit of the shackle must be 1.5t greater than the ATM. (CI-119C, Page 3)
A pair of safety chain holders on trailers over 3.5t must use 4140 high tensile steel pins. Couplemate cast its safety chain holders entirely from 4140, high tensile steel.
Mounting chain holders on either side and as close as possible to the tow bar coupling is also a requirement.
The exception to the rule is Road Trains.
Herc Alloy safety chain kit includes.
- 2 x Herc Alloy chains.
- Two x trailer-mounted safety chain holders.
- 2 x tow bar mounted safety chain holders.
Further, the attachment must be able to withstand static forces that incur during towing and, as a result, should be resistant to cracks or breaks.
Finally, safety chain holders are permanently attached to your towbar. You may either weld or bolt the attachment to the tow bar using high tensile bolts.
Couplemate Trailer Parts sells only the best quality Truck Trailer Safety Chain Holder Kit inc Herc Alloy Chains and caravan spare parts throughout Australia.
Customers are welcome to either pickup or take advantage of our low freight rates. Express shipping to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, and Hobart.
We also ship products to New Zealand via Australia Post Air Express.
© Steve Wotherspoon August 26, 2017. Images and text may be copied, provided a link back to the copied page and the source is displayed where the content or image is located.