60mm Outback Spring Bush | High-Tensile Steel
The 60mm outback spring bush is a quality, durable trailer replacement for the worn AL-KO spring bushes. Steel bushings in extreme locations outperform nylon bushings, hence the demand for greaseable steel bushes.
The Couplemate™ CM657 is a suitable replacement part for the AL-KO part number 590633 and is Australian-Made.
The dimensions of our 60mm high tensile, outback spring bush are as follows:
- ID: 16mm
- OD: 22mm
Greaseable shackle bolts are used to lubricate the steel bushes in outback springs and steel shackle hangers. These shackle bolts must be checked regularly and greased when necessary.
When checking your rig, it is good practice to remove the shackle pin to check both the hanger and bolt for wear
- Place the steel bush over the top of the steel or nylon bush.
- Use the new bush and tap with a hammer until the old bush is pushed out of the spring.
Greasable pin and shackle kit installation method
- Remove the old shackle pin and check for wear.
- Use the steel bush as a punch to know out the old bush.
- Tap in the new bush.
- Remove the grease nipples and tap in the shackle bolt kit.
- Tighten until the spring does not move.
- Loose off the nut 1/4 of a turn to remove the tension of the spring pack.
- The spring should now to free to swing forwards and backward.
Finally, we recently released ElectroGal shackle plats to suit 60mm shackle plates as spare parts.
Alternatively, upgrade to a high-tensile steel bush and greaseable shackle pins. Further, additional outback parts are located below.
|Dimensions||6 × 4 × 4 cm|