M16 Non-Greaseable Shackle Bolt
M16 Non Greaseable shackle bolt suit nylon or a polyurethane self-lubricating bush.
Suits 60mm rocker roller, tandem eye-to-eye or shackle springs.
How do I measure my shackle bolt?
Measure from the tip of the thread to the underside of the hex head.
16mm Worn Rocker Roller or Standard Tandem Hangers
There is no fix for worn hangers other than replacement.
Non-greaseable bolts fit inside a self-lubricating nylon bush and do not need grease. If your springs have nylon bushes, it is not advisable to change your pin to greaseable.
The knurl under the head has a particular purpose. The knurl locks into the shackle plate to help prevent the bolt from spinning during spring compressions. Broken welds are a good sign the bolts need replacement.
The knurl is welded onto the shackle plate on standard tandem and outback trailer springs to stop the bolt from turning. With a rotating bolt in the shackle plate, wear significantly increases.
How to tighten suspension bolts.
- Tighten 16mm x 100mm non-greaseable bolt until home.
- Back off 1/4 turn.
- You need a small space between your shackle plates and spring; otherwise, you will develop an annoying squeak.
- This squeak is due to no tolerance between shackle plates and spring.
Associated Bolts and Bushes
- M16 Greaseable Shackle Bolt
- M18 Rocker Roller Greaseable Shackle Bolt
- M18 Standard Tandem Greaseable Shackle Bolt
- 18mm – 22mm Rocker Roller Bush
Replacement Shackle Bolts, Caravan Trailer Kits
|Dimensions||10 × 2 × 2 cm|