60mm x 705mm Caravan Spring fits Jayco Caravans
60mm caravan spring fits Jayco. It is common to use replacement 705mm Shackle Springs on Jayco and other manufacturers' tandem setups.
TIP: Cut off burred u-bolts with an angle grinder. The best place to cut old u-bolts is on the bend. Then, you only need one cut per u-bolt.
Important: Spring offset is 50mm from the centre of the spring.
- 705mm Eye to Eye.
- 16mm (ID) x 22mm (OD) x 60mm bush (long).
- Free Camber 120mm
- Eye to Center Bolt 386mm
- 6mm Thick Leaves
- Nominal axle centres 912mm
It is often the case that springs have failed due to the additional equipment loaded into your caravan over the years. We suggest either putting your trailer over a weighbridge to get your exact loading or upgrading from a five-leaf spring to a six-leaf spring.
- Hanger Centres are 730mm for single axle installations.
- Hanger centres are 825mm for tandem configurations (as seen below).
60mm Tandem Spring Parts
- 60mm Standard Tandem Shackle Kit
- Shackle Bolts and Kits for Caravans and Trailers
- Tandem Rocker Arm to suit| 45mm-60mm Springs
- Upgrade by one leaf if your springs have flattened
- Maximum compression is 50mm
- If in doubt, get a weighbridge certificate
- Old spring may be flat and measure longer than usual
Springs break in only two places for specific causes, they are
- Breaks near the eye are caused by shock loading when the spring is loaded close to or over total capacity. Breakage occurs on the second top leaf just in front of the end of the third leaf
- Uneven tensioning of fishplates causes breaks near the centre bolt. Rattle guns are a significant cause of the uneven tightening of u-bolts
Spring upgrades are not uncommon on tandem setups. Spring upgrades tend to reinvigorate your caravan towing capacity to like a new standard.
60mm wide shackle is more adaptive and can withstand shock loading and twist better than 45mm springs.
Used in either tandem or single axle setups. Upgrading broken springs to the following load capacity is prevalent.
705mm x 60mm springs are available in the following configurations:
- 5 Leaf - 500kg per spring or 1000kg per tandem kit
- 6 Leaf - 750kg per spring or 1500kg per tandem kit.
- 7 Leaf - 850 kilograms per spring or 1700kg per tandem kit.
You can purchase a tandem set below.
Springs are shipped from Queensland, Australia.
Why do some springs break prematurely or lose spring tension? Read about vibration fatigue here.