710mm Shackle Eye to Eye Galvanised Springs are rated 550kg - 950kg
710mm Shackle Galvanised Spring. The spring bolt is located in the centre of this spring, making it ideal for a boat trailer.
- 28 inch (710mm)
- 45mm x 8mm
- 9/16 inch shackle bolt diameter.
- 355mm eye to Center Bolt.
- 105mm Free Camber
Eye to Eye Shackle Springs are rated (each) as follows
- Four-leaf 550kg
- Five leaves 650kg
- Six leaves 750kg
- Eight leaves 950kg
The problem arises when the trailer carries too much weight and spring breaks before the owner gets the chance to upgrade his springs.
We located spring hangers at a distance 25mm longer than the spring.
Single Axle Installation
- Locate the centre of the wheel well or arch. The centre pin is located here.
- Measure from the centre pin to the front of the Shackle.
- Use this measurement to clamp the front bracket into position from the centre of the wheel well.
- Measure the rear hanger (dumjack) from the spring length from the centre of the eye plus 25mm for 710mm springs.
- This length will be 735mm from the front mount.
- Weld both hangers into position.
- Install the front shackle bolt and spring into the hanger.
- Connect rear shackle plates and shackle pins into the rear of the spring.
- Shackle plates should be facing towards the front of the trailer. Once the load is applied, shackle plates will swing to the back of the chassis.
Purchase your 45mm shackle springs below.
- 635mm Shackle Springs - Black and Galvanised
- 45mm Shackle Spring - 710mm
- 45mm Shackle Galvanised Spring - 710mm
- Shackle Offset Spring 45mm - 710mm
- 45mm Shackle Offset Galvanised Spring - 710mm
- 45mm Al-ko Millard 7-leaf Shackle Spring 835mm
Finally, if you get a chance, please review this product.