Galvanised Rocker Roller Springs are the Best Solution for Heavy Boat Trailers
Galvanised Rocker Roller Springs and accessories are 60mm wide, durable tandem springs for the long haul, suitable for boat trailers.
Important: These springs will be delivered on a pallet as they can weigh up to 100kg. If you do not have a forklift available, it is wise to deliver them to a commercial address where they can be forked onto your trailer.
Below is an image of perfectly installed rocker roller springs. Notice the hangers are stretched as far as possible so the loop is on the back of the holder.
Please note: The image contains one side. The price includes 2 sides or one complete set for a tandem trailer.
There is a choice of Dacroment or Galvanised Springs; this choice is yours. Why choose galvanised springs?
- The rating of a Galvanised spring is calculated by depressing the spring camber after the galvanising process.
- Dacromet springs can be scratched as a result of an accident and rust. Dacroment is a sprayed coating.
- Galvanised springs are not prone to scratching from sticks and stones.
- The hot dip galvanising process alters the surface area of the spring, making it more robust to corrosion.
Dacromet vs. Galvanised Springs
In the outdoor atmosphere, the corrosion resistance of hot galvanizing is better. . In addition, hot galvanizing coating has a thick, rough appearance but good adhesion; surface treatment can resist high temperatures. Dacromet coating has a thin, bright appearance, but surface treatment can not resist high temperatures.
- 60mm x 7mm
- Eye to Eye length 687mm
- Free Camber 117mm
- Shackle Bolt Diameter 16mm
- Main Rocker Shackle Bolt 18mm
- Bush Dimensions 16mm x 22mm x 60mm
- The listed price is for two complete sides of galvanised rocker roller springs to suit 4 wheels.
- Hot-dip galvanising of the highest quality.
- Tested and rated after galvanising.
- Steel roller bushes.
- Heavy Duty.
- Leaves positioned to equalise load and shock loading events.
- Suit boat trailers.
Boat galvanised rocker roller springs are 60mm wide, suitable for tandem axles and one of the best investments for your suspension system.
How so? Well, 60mm springs twist less, are more robust, and withstand shock-loading events like potholes, railway lines, cattle grids and corrugations, to name a few.
If you are considering 45mm springs and a cheaper suspension system, you must consider whether your trailer will be susceptible to harsh conditions or be a run-around-town trailer.
Kit includes everything you see in the photo x 2. The springs and centre rocker are galvanised, whereas the hangers are plain steel for welding.
A Tandem setup with 60mm wide springs provides a ride between air and standard rocker suspensions. Robust for the long haul, suitable for horse floats, livestock and other trailers requiring a softer ride.
Heavier loads will require light truck tyres only to be used due to the higher tyre rating.
When ordering, having springs delivered to your workplace or commercial premises is a good idea. This is due to the weight of this order.
You will receive 3 or 5 boxes, depending on the weight. Total weight can be as high as 120kg.
The installation of U Bolts may be more science than you think.
- Semi-tighten the nylocks.
- The next important step is the correct wheel alignment.
- Put a straight edge across the outside of the tandem wheelset. The straight edge should touch the wheels in 4 places.
- Tap axles until the straight edge indicates the wheels are straight.
- Tighten nylocks but do not bend the fish plate.
- Important: re-tighten nylocks after 300 kilometres. You will find a min of 1/4 turn on each nylock.
- Why? Mild steel will stretch after the initial installation. After a re-tightening, there will be no more stretching under normal loads.
Full range of Rocker Roller spring ratings
- 5 Leaf - 2000kg on 14" Wheels
- 6 Leaf - 2500kg on 14" Wheels
- 7 Leaf - 3000kg on 14" Wheels
- 6 Leaf - 2500kg on 16" Wheels
- 7 Leaf - 3000kg on 16" Wheels
- 8 Leaf - 3500kg on 16" wheels
- 9 Leaf - 4000kg on 16" Wheels
Galvanised Rocker Roller Springs can vary from 1mm to 5mm. The best installation method is as follows:
- Weld the Center bracket into position, connect the centre rocker, and attach springs to the centre rocker.
- Install front and back spring hanger brackets onto the springs.
- Stretch the front spring as far as it will go and tack it onto your chassis rail.
- Stretch the back spring as far as it will go and tack-weld onto your frame.