835mm shackle spring – 7 Leaf to suit Millard Caravans
835mm shackle eye to eye spring used on Millard single axle and Tandem axle caravans.
Over time, 835mm shackle springs become fatigued and require replacement. Care when purchasing other brands, the leaf spring should be 8mm.
Al-ko makes Millard caravan eye to eye Shackle Springs
- 850kg per spring
- 45mm x 8mm
- 9/16″ inch shackle bolt diameter x 3.5″
- Free Camber 120mm
- Eye to Centre 386mm
- Tandem Hanger Centres 912mm
- Single Axle Hanger Centres 870mm
- Powder Coated Finish
TIP: Our most common call for help is wrong spring picked for tandem trailers. Tandem trailers usually have offset springs.
Note: Al-ko manufactures a range of springs for pop-top Millard Caravans going back many years. However, all springs have discontinued, the exception of this genuine seven leaf Alko shackle spring.
If you do not need all seven leaves, here is a tip. Remove the 3rd leaf from the bottom then re-insert the centre pin.
The Alko centre pin is mild steel, so do not overtighten. The u-bolts will do most of the work clamping the spring together.
Couplemate carries good stocks of this hard to locate spring.
- The rear end of the spring connects to a dumb jack.
- The eye from the front of the spring attaches to a spring hanger.
- Shackle plates are used in conjunction with shackle bolts to connected the spring to the dumb jack.
The spring moves on shackle bolts plates around a rear hanger.
Enable load sharing by linking the 45mm Shackle through a “rocker” assembly in a multi-axle configuration. Load transfers from one axle that is carrying a significant percentage of the weight (crossing kerbs, etc.) to the other axle.
Why are shackle leaf springs superior to slipper springs.
- Shackle springs are less noisy on the road
- Load sharing capability
- Wear and tear from direct contact with the chassis
- The tail of the slipper is not fixed and can pop out of its housing
- Slipper springs and in particular parabolic springs twist when reversing
Why some springs break prematurely or lose spring tension?
Purchase your 45mm shackle springs below.
- 635mm Short Shackle Springs, Black and Galvanised
- 45mm Shackle Spring, 710mm
- 45mm Shackle Galvanised Spring, 710mm
- Shackle Offset Spring 45mm, 710mm
- 45mm Shackle Offset Galvanised Spring, 710mm
- 45mm Al-ko Millard 7-leaf Shackle Spring 835mm
Finally, if you get a chance, please review this product.
Couplemate Trailer Parts sells only the best quality 45mm Al-ko Millard Shackle Spring 835mm and caravan spare parts throughout Australia.
Customers are welcome to either pickup or take advantage of our low freight rates. Express shipping to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, and Hobart.
We also ship products to New Zealand via Australia Post Air Express.
© Steve Wotherspoon September 21, 2017. Images and text may be copied, provided a link back to the copied page and the source is displayed where the content or image is located.