60mm x 700mm Caravan Spring fits Jayco
60mm caravan spring fits Jayco. It and is common to find these Shackle Springs 700mm on Jayco and other manufacturers tandem setups.
TIP: Cut off burred u-bolts with an angle grinder. The best place to cut old u-bolts is on the bend then you only need one cut per u-bolt.
Important: Spring offset is 50mm from the centre of the spring.
- 700mm Eye to Eye.
- 5/8″ x 7/8″ x 60mm bush.
- Free Camber 120mm
- Eye to Center Bolt 386mm
- 6mm Leaf
- Nominal axle centres 912mm
It is often the case that springs have failed due to the additional equipment loaded into your caravan over the years. We suggest to either put your trailer over a weighbridge to get your exact loading or at least upgrade from say a five-leaf spring to a six-leaf spring.
- 60mm Standard Tandem Shackle Kit
- Shackle Bolts | Kits | Caravan | Trailer
- 60mm Front and Rear Hangers
- Tandem Rocker Arm | 45mm-60mm
- Upgrade by one leaf if your springs have flattened
- Maximum compression is 50mm
- If in doubt, get a weighbridge certificate
- Old spring may be flat and measure longer than usual
Springs break in only two places for specific causes, they are
- Breaks near the eye are caused by shock loading when the spring is loaded close or over full capacity. Breakage occurs on the second top leaf just in front of the end of the third leaf
- Uneven tensioning of fishplates cause breaks near the centre bolt. Rattle guns are a significant cause of the uneven tightening of u-bolts
Spring upgrades are not uncommon on tandem setups. Spring upgrades tend to reinvigorate your caravans towing capacity to like a new standard.
60mm wide shackle is more adaptive and able to withstand shock loading and to twist better than 45mm springs.
Used in either tandem or single axle setups. Upgrading broken springs to the next load capacity is prevalent.
700mm x 60mm springs are available in the following configurations,
- 5 Leaf – 500kg per spring or 3000kg per tandem kit
- 6 Leaf – 750kg per spring or 3000kg per tandem kit
- 7 Leaf – 800kg per spring or 3200kg per tandem kit.
Why some springs break prematurely or lose spring tension? Read about vibration fatigue here.
Couplemate Trailer Parts sells only the best quality 60mm Caravan Spring fits Jayco and caravan spare parts throughout Australia.
Customers are welcome to either pickup or take advantage of our low freight rates. Express shipping to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, and Hobart.
We also ship products to New Zealand via Australia Post Air Express.
© Steve Wotherspoon June 28, 2014. Images and text may be copied, provided a link back to the copied page and the source is displayed where the content or image is located.