Last updated on January 11th, 2020 at 12:25 pm
835mm shackle spring | 7 Leaf to suit Millard Caravans | 850kg
835mm shackle eye to eye spring used on Millard single axle and Tandem axle caravans. Over time, the 835mm shackle spring can become fatigued and requires replacement.
The rear end of the spring is connected to a dumb jack whereas the eye from the front of the spring is connected to a spring hanger. Shackle plates are used in conjunction with shackle bolts to connected the spring to the dumb jack.
Enable load sharing by linking the 45mm Shackle through a “rocker” assembly in a multi-axle configuration. Load transfers from one axle that is carrying a significant percentage of the weight (crossing kerbs, etc.) to the other axle.
Shackle springs are superior to slipper springs.
Al-ko makes Millard caravan eye to eye shackle springs.
- 850kg per spring.
- 45mm x 8mm.
- 9/16″ inch shackle bolt diameter x 3.5″.
- Free Camber 120mm.
- Eye to Centre 386mm.
- Tandem Hanger Centres 912mm.
- Single Axle Hanger Centres 870mm.
TIP: Our most common call for help is wrong spring picked for tandem trailers. Tandem trailers usually have offset springs.
Why some springs break prematurely or lose spring tension? Read about vibration fatigue here.
Purchase your 45mm shackle springs below.
- 635mm Shackle Springs | Black and Galvanised
- 45mm Shackle Spring | 710
- 45mm Shackle Galvanised Spring | 710
- Shackle Offset Spring 45mm | 710
- 45mm Shackle Offset Galvanised Spring | 710
- 45mm Al-ko Millard 7-leaf Shackle Spring 835mm
Finally, if you get a chance please review this product.