Last updated on November 28th, 2019 at 04:33 pm
6mm galvanised slipper spring are measured 765mm eye to the tip of the slipper leaf.
Spring fatigue will stretch springs beyond 765mm.
- Spring Thickness
- The number of leaves.
Dacromet or Galvanised
The choice between Dacromet springs and Galvanised springs is not difficult. Dacromet springs vary greatly in quality.
As a result, Couplemate prefers Galvanised springs to last longer than most Dacroment coated springs.
- 765mm Eye to Tail.
- 6mm Leaf Thickness.
- 45mm Wide.
- The eyebolt is 1/2″.
- 1/2 inch x 7/8 inch x 45mm bush.
- Free Camber 150mm.
- Eye to Center Bolt 330mm.
- Hanger Centres 700mm.
6mm Slipper Spring Ratings.
- 3 Leaf – 300kg.
- 4 Leaf – 450kg.
- 5 Leaf – 500kg.
- 6 Leaf – 600kg.
- 7 Leaf – 675kg.
- 9 Leaf – 800kg.
45mm wide boat springs with 6mm leaf thickness are suitable for metropolitan travel.
How are galvanised springs rated?
Compressing a spring with a hydraulic ram and measuring the torque required during compression, is one method to rate springs.
Purchase your 45mm slipper springs below:
- 6mm Slipper Spring | 765mm
- 6mm Galvanised Slipper Spring | 765mm.
- 8mm Slipper Spring | 710mm.
- 8mm Galvanised Slipper Spring | 710mm.
Purchase your 45mm shackle springs below:
- 635mm Shackle Springs | Black and Galvanised.
- 45mm Shackle Spring | 710.
- 45mm Shackle Galvanised Spring | 710.
- Shackle Offset Spring 45mm | 710.
- 45mm Shackle Offset Galvanised Spring | 710.
- 45mm Al-ko Millard 7-leaf Shackle Spring 835mm.
- Rocker Roller Spring 45mm x 605mm.
- Galvanised Rocker Roller Spring | Boat Trailers.
Finally, springs are galvanised and then rated.