45mm Galvanised Shackle Hanger Kit
45mm Galvanised Shackle Hanger Kit suit single trailers up to 1900kg.
Use only on 8mm eye springs. (710mm eye to eye)
Single Axle Installation
- Locate the centre of the wheel well. This is where the centre pin will be located.
- Measure from the centre pin to the front of the shackle.
- Use this measurement to clamp the front bracket into position from the centre of the wheel well.
- Obtain the rear hanger (dumjack) measurement from the length of the spring from the centre of the eye plus 25mm for 710mm springs
- This length will be 735mm from the front mount.
- Weld both hangers into position.
- Install front shackle bolt and spring into the hanger.
- Connect rear shackle plates and shackle bolts into the rear of the spring.
- Shackleplates should be facing towards the front of the trailer. Once the load is applied, shackle plates will swing to the rear of the chassis.
The de-rating factor does not apply to load sharing suspension systems as it applies to a slipper spring suspension. Spring ratings for single axle and tandem suspensions are the total rating of each spring.
Important to note that the hangers be installed 735mm from centre of eye to centre of the front and rear hanger.
Shock loading conditions can cause the shackle hangers installed greater than 735mm centres to hit the centre rocker bar.
Hangers installed closer than 735mm centres will cause the spring to lock onto the centre rocker and prevent load sharing.
45mm Shackle Hanger Kit comprises the following trailer parts:
- Two front hangers
- 6 x 9/16 inch shackle bolts + nylocks
- 2 x Rear Dumjacks
- 4 x Galvanised Shackle Plates
Couplemate Trailer Parts sells only the best quality 45mm Galvanised Shackle Hanger Kit and caravan spare parts throughout Australia.
Customers are welcome to either pickup or take advantage of our low freight rates. Express shipping to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, and Hobart.
We also ship products to New Zealand via Australia Post Air Express.
© Steve Wotherspoon August 9, 2016. Images and text may be copied, provided a link back to the copied page and the source is displayed where the content or image is located.