Couplemate’s combination pintle hook is a one-piece 50mm receiver arm.
There are real savings to a one-piece towing system that fits into a 50mm towbar mount.
Please note NHVR states from 1st September 2017, 50mm tow balls de-rated to 2000kg when connected to tow vehicles 5t and larger.
If the tow vehicle is a minimum of 5 ton, this decision affects you, email email@example.com with the words “count me in” (in the subject line).
If the demand is there, I will commission a 70mm Combination pintle hook. The capacity of the ring coupling remains unchanged.
Important towing safety information:
- Up to 3.5t towing capacity when used with a 50mm trailer coupling.
- When towing or pulling with the ring hook part, the rating is 6-tonne.
- Always check that the trailer is level with the tow vehicle. If the trailer is NOT level with the tow vehicle, you will need a two price setup to lower or raise your hook.
- The distance from the back of the bar to pintle hook shoulder is 195mm. 65mm from end of the bar to the centre of the 5/8″ hole.
- We recommend the use of a high tensile hitch pin for equipment over 3.5t.
Remember to take care when reversing. Angles greater than 80 degrees will cause the trailer and coupling to jackknife.
Unless you really know your trailer there are various answers, all of which are pointing towards the customer.
The most likely cause of equipment malfunction is a jackknife.
Question: Is your 50mm tow hitch rattling?
Answer: The solution is a high tensile pin.
Purchase other pintle hook mount equipment here.
- 5t Pintle Hook Receiver Arm
- Pintle Towbar Adaptor 8 Hole
- Truck Pintle Hooks | 36.8kN to 84kN
- Pintle Hook Combination | 6t Truck
- Safety Catch, Chain and Clip
- Pintle Ring Coupling | D-Value 49kN
Finally, a pintle is a pin or bolt, usually inserted into a gudgeon, which is used as part of a pivot or hinge. Other applications include pintle and lunette ring for towing, and pintle pins securing casters in furniture.