CM530 – Combination pintle hook receiver arm
Couplemate’s combination pintle hook is a one-piece 50mm receiver arm.
There are real savings to a one-piece towing system that fits into a 50mm towbar mount.
Please note NHVR states from 1st September 2017, 50mm tow balls de-rated to 2000kg when connected to tow vehicles 5t and larger.
Important towing safety information:
- Up to 3.5t towing capacity when used with a 50mm trailer coupling.
- When towing or pulling with the ring hook part, the rating is 6-tonne.
- Always check that the trailer is level with the tow vehicle. If the trailer is NOT level with the tow vehicle, you will need a two price setup to lower or raise your hook.
- The distance from the back of the bar to the pintle hook shoulder is 195mm. 65mm from the end of the bar to the centre of the 5/8″ hole.
- We recommend the use of a high tensile hitch pin for equipment over 3.5t.
Remember to take care when reversing. Angles greater than 80 degrees will cause the trailer and coupling to jackknife.
Unless you really know your trailer there are various answers, all of which are pointing towards the customer.
The most likely cause of equipment malfunction is a jackknife.
Question: Is your 50mm tow hitch rattling?
Answer: The solution is a high tensile pin.
Purchase other pintle hook mount equipment here.
- 5t Pintle Hook Receiver Arm
- Pintle Towbar Adaptor 8 Hole
- Truck Pintle Hooks – 36.8kN to 84kN
- Pintle Hook Combination – 6t Truck
- Safety Catch, Chain and Clip
- Pintle Ring Coupling – D-Value 49kN
Finally, a pintle is a pin or bolt, usually inserted into a gudgeon, which is used as part of a pivot or hinge. Other applications include pintle and lunette ring for towing, and pintle pins securing casters in furniture.
Combination Pintle Hook Receiver Arm
Couplemate Trailer Parts sells only the best quality Combination Pintle Hook Receiver Arm and caravan spare parts throughout Australia.
Customers are welcome to either pickup or take advantage of our low freight rates. Express shipping to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, and Hobart.
We also ship products to New Zealand via Australia Post Air Express.
© Steve Wotherspoon June 17, 2014. Images and text may be copied, provided a link back to the copied page and the source is displayed where the content or image is located.