6t Pintle Ring Coupling
The Couplemate CM255 fixed pintle ring coupling is ADR Approved and rated to 47.5kN for road vehicles driven on the highway.
Towing equipment over 3.5t must undergo dynamic cyclic testing resulting in a kN rating. Static testing for equipment under 3.5t results in a kg rating.
Ring couplings over 3.5t are no longer rated in tonnes. The Motor Vehicle Act of 2018 demands couplings to be certified in kN.
As a result, Couplemate has made it easy for you to select the correct truck and trailer combination from our drop-down chart.
- 6-tonne trailer can be towed by a 20t truck
- A 10-tonne trailer can be towed by a 10t truck
How to calculate the D-Value of your tow vehicle. (cross-check)
- CRN: 45953
- D-Value 49kN
- 3-inch Fixed Ring Coupling, four-hole mount
- Hole spacings - 180mm x 52m x 16.8mm
- Australian Design Rules ADRs
Pintle Ring Coupling park brakes
Is your pintle ring suffering excessive wear and tear? Your trailer may have its tandem spring setup in the wrong location.
Does the image on the right look familiar?
Equipment installed in the wrong location can have a tragic effect.
All trailers have different weights and lengths. Heavy loads must ensure even distribution across your axle load group.
Buy a set of tow ball scales and measure your pintle hook head weight. It must be within the 5% to 7% range for a tandem trailer.
Why are tow ball scales important? Read here.
Without a tow ball scale, the head weight of your coupler is guesswork.
DIY is great, but only if you are sure of the installation techniques.
When you purchase from Couplemate Trailer Parts, your CRN identification number for this product is on your Invoice.
- A CRN number when installing this type of towing is attached to new vehicles and trailers.
- ADR62/2 does not require an ADR compliance plate to be attached to certified products.
- The CRN on the approval letter will be the same CRN on your Invoice.
- Show vehicle inspectors this invoice during inspections of your trailer or vehicle if required.
If you are buying a similar product, just as good, with no CRN, then take it back as it may give you trouble down the track. The CRN should be on your Invoice.
Beware of fake ADR approval claims. These claims are common and cause problems during Vehicle Inspections.
List of available pintle ring couplings and towing eyes
- 2000kg x 3" Ring Override Coupling
- 6t Pintle Hook Receiver Arm
- 12t x 3" Rogers bolt-on ring coupling - D-Value 120kN
- 40mm Orlandi (Pin/Ring) Coupling - D-Value 125kN
- 45t x 3″ Tow Ring Bolt-on-| D-Value 165kN