Mitsubishi Triton MQ – Towbar Wiring Harness after July 2007. Suits models with and without a rear step. Design for DIY use.
Fitting instructions for ML-MQ & Cab chassis 04/07 – On.
- This wiring it is to be connected to the Passenger side of the vehicle.
- Disconnect the taillight harness connectors at the rear.
- Connect the wiring harness connectors to the tail light connectors.
- Find a suitable earth point close by and attach.
- Secure the relays to the vehicle, either by cable tying to existing cables or screw to the vehicle.
- Route the long black power lead to the battery at the front of the vehicle. Secure the power lead along the way with cable ties, to keep the lead from hanging down.
- When connecting the power wire to the power source please ensure that the 15amp inline fuse holder is close to the power supply.
- Fit the required socket to the wiring harness and mount the plug to the desired position.
- Using cable ties, secure the cable along the desired route and required length.
- Insert the 15amp fuse supplied into the fuse holder.
- Test towbar wiring with a trailer testing box.