Last updated on January 11th, 2020 at 12:26 pm
Tow Ball Weigh Safe Scales permanently attached is a fantastic idea.
Introducing the Weigh Safe Universal Tow Ball Mount and Drop Down Hitch Mount.
Weigh safe scales improves the vehicle ride by constantly monitoring the tow ball weight throughout your trip. Changing ball weights may surprise you.
Accurate measurements will alter your driving style and cause you to re-shuffle weight inside the rig.
Please note: These American weigh scales have been modified to Australian Standards.
You may have noticed the notch at the rear of the receiver? This is the load cell that sends the accurate measurement to the kg meter.
Yes, more expensive than ball weigh scales. The price is relevant to the method of measurement.
- Older tow ball scales use a spring to accept the load and measure it against a graduated graph on the side of the ball scale.
- Receiver weight scale uses a built-in scale or load cell to effectively measure the weight on the receiver bar. Load cells are more commonly used on forklifts, cranes, etc.
2″ Drop Receiver Features
- Solid 6061 T6 Aircraft Grade Aluminium
- Inserts into the standard hitch receiver
- Suits standard drop
- Suits all standard 22mm shaft x 50mm tow balls
- Rust Proof – no corrosion
- Rated to 3,500kg
- 525kg Max Tongue Weight
- Also fits DO35 and the Alko Pin Coupling
Heavy front end coupling weights will kill the suspension on your tow vehicle. Couplemate recommends adjusting your coupling weight to kept it optimised at all times.
An optimised tow ball weigh scale ensures straight and efficient towing.
Weigh Safe range of scales includes:
Finally, the older tow ball spring type scales are also a great idea but they have become cumbersome. Storage and falling off their stand remain issues to be solved.