Drop Receiver Weigh Safe Scales – Horsefloats and trailers up to 3.5t
Drop receiver weigh safe scales are ideal for loads that are frequently changing weight. An example is horse floats and bobcat trailers.
- Firstly, ensure the correct drop height.
- Secondly, adjust the load forward or backward depending on the weight of the axle group.
Selection of drops available
- 4″ Drop
- 6″ Drop
- 8″ Drop
Weigh scales are essential for dynamic loads. A dynamic load is a changing load, for example::
- A farm tractor will be tied down in a different position on the trailer to a lighter vehicle.
- This weight scale is ideal for horse float configurations and where to load the most significant horse. A horse float can weight 3.5t. However, it is critically important to know how to spread the load across the axle group.
- Caravan load increases at the commencement of a journey and will change dramatically during the trip. Re-arranging the load has beneficial effects when towing.
- Boat trailer loads vary, especially when fuel tanks are full. Two hundred litres of fuel changes towing dynamics dramatically.
It is not hard to understand; towing is far safer if your horses are loaded according to their weight sequence. A receiver weigh scale is ideal for giving you safe, long-distance towing.
What is tongue weight, and why is it important?
Tongue weight (TW) refers to the pressure that the fully loaded trailer exerts downward on the hitch ball of the tow vehicle. Tongue weight is typically 7 – 10 per cent – and should not exceed 15 per cent – of your gross trailer weight. For example, a 3,500kg single axle trailer should have a tongue weight between 245kg and 350kg.
You can adjust the tongue weight of your trailer by removing or adding cargo, or redistributing the load on the trailer. The tongue weight should not exceed the capacity of your tow vehicle, your hitch, or any of your towing components.
Too little tongue weight can cause trailer sway, and too much tongue weight can cause the tow vehicle to perform poorly. You may have difficulty steering, gaining traction, or braking when driving a setup that has too much load pushing down on the rear of the vehicle. Ultimately, towing with an improper tongue weight can cause you to lose control of your tow vehicle or cause your trailer to separate from the tug.
Weigh Safe range of scales includes
Tow ball scales
While tow ball scales are an excellent tool for finding the perfect coupler head weight, the next development in a caravan with changing weight is here.
This type of scale uses a similar load cell used by Forklift and other commercial scales.
Dynamic loads are those loads where changes in weight associated with water, sullage and food loads change during a trip.
Before commencing your journey each morning, a small amount of the load may need to be shifted in the caravan to obtain optimum towing head weight.
A massive head coupler head weight causes high headlights and heavier car suspension than usual.
Couplemate Trailer Parts sells only the best quality Drop Receiver Weigh Safe Scales and caravan spare parts throughout Australia.
Customers are welcome to either pickup or take advantage of our low freight rates. Express shipping to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, and Hobart.
We also ship products to New Zealand via Australia Post Air Express.
© Steve Wotherspoon August 12, 2019. Images and text may be copied, provided a link back to the copied page and the source is displayed where the content or image is located.
Last Updated on