Last updated on October 9th, 2019 at 08:46 am
40mm Orlandi Truck Trailer (Pin/Ring) Coupling
- Hole Pattern 120mm x 55mm
- CRN 37744
- D-Value 30kN
- V-Value 18kN
- S-Load 350kg
- DIN 74054
- M14 – Class 10.9 Bolts
- Torque 230 Nm
Before the coupling operation check that the brake of the trailer is on and that the drawbar eye and the coupling are on the same level.
- Pull the security knob (3) outwards as shown in figure 2a. (Technical Datalink)
- Turn the security knob clockwise as far as it will go as shown in figure 2b, and then release it. The security system is now open and
the coupling pin can be lifted.
- Lift the action lever (4a) as far as it will go as shown in figure 2c. The coupling pin is now up.
- Reverse slowly the towing vehicle till the drawbar eye is in the bellmouth. The coupling pin (25) comes down and the security device s engaged automatically as shown in the detailed drawing of the figure 2d.
ATTENTION: Make sure that the coupling operation is properly performed and that the security device is perfectly engaged as shown in figure 2d.
Make sure that the brake of the trailer is on, follow the points 1, 2, and 3 above and then move the towing vehicle forward. Coming out of the drawbar eye makes the coupling pin come down automatically.
NOTE: To ensure secure and efficient functioning check that during the coupling and uncoupling operation the drawbar eye is not more than 3 degrees higher or lower than the horizontal axis of the coupling
ATTENTION! Make sure that the coupling pin is down during all maintenance operations.
All moving parts of the coupling are subject to wear. The extent of wear depends on the working conditions and on the maintenance carried out.
After every 15.000
- Check the tightness of the bolts (2-3 in fig.1) to be:
Hole pattern Bolt type Class Torque
120 x 55 M14 10.9 120 Nm
83 x 56 M10 8.8 50 Nm
- Lubricate the mechanism through the lubrication nipple (9) in fig. 4 in the technical datalink
- Carry out this operation with the coupling pin (fig. 3b) lifted up to avoid over greasing.
- Lubricate all the moving parts of the security system (3)
At least once a year and depending on its use the coupling has to be checked by skilled staff as follows:
- Check that the wear of the coupling pin is within the limit indicated in fig. 3
- Check that the distance between the end of the pin and the lower level is within the limit indicated in fig. 3b.
Attention: Instead of flanged nuts and screws it is possible to use self-locking nuts and split washers.