40mm Orlandi Truck Trailer (Pin/Ring) Coupling
- Hole Pattern 120mm x 55mm
- CRN 37744
- D-Value 30kN
- V-Value 18kN
- S-Load 350kg
- DIN 74054
- M14 – Class 10.9 Bolts
- Torque 230 Nm
Before the coupling operation check that the brake of the trailer is on and that the drawbar eye and the coupling are on the same level.
- Pull the security knob (3) outwards as shown in figure 2a. (Technical Datalink)
- Turn the security knob clockwise as far as it will go as shown in figure 2b, and then release it. \
- Lift the action lever (4a) as far as it will go as shown in figure 2c. The coupling pin is now up.
- Reverse slowly the towing vehicle till the drawbar eye is in the bellmouth. The coupling pin (25) comes down and the security device s engaged automatically as shown in the detailed drawing of the figure 2d.
ATTENTION: Ensure the coupling operation is properly performed and that the security device is engaged as shown in figure 2d.
Make sure that the brake of the trailer is on, follow the points 1, 2, and 3 above and then move the towing vehicle forward. Coming out of the drawbar eye makes the coupling pin come down automatically.
NOTE: To ensure secure and efficient functioning check that during the coupling and uncoupling operation the drawbar eye is not more than 3 degrees higher or lower than the horizontal axis of the coupling
ATTENTION! Make sure that the coupling pin is down during all maintenance operations.
All moving parts of the coupling are subject to wear. The extent of wear depends on the working conditions and on the maintenance carried out.
After every 15.000
- Check the tightness of the bolts (2-3 in fig.1) to be:
Hole pattern Bolt type Class Torque
120 x 55 M14 10.9 120 Nm
83 x 56 M10 8.8 50 Nm
- Lubricate the mechanism through the lubrication nipple (9) in fig. 4 in the technical datalink
- Carry out this operation with the coupling pin (fig. 3b) lifted up to avoid over greasing.
- Lubricate all the moving parts of the security system (3)
List of available ring couplings, tow eyes and ringfeeder adaptor
- 2000kg x 3″ Ring Override Coupling
- 6000kg x 3″ Pintle Ring Coupling – D-Value 49kN
- 45t x 3″ Tow Ring Bolt-on – D-Value 165kN
- Swivel Ring Coupling or Block
- Pintle Towbar Adaptor Ringfeeder
Couplemate Trailer Parts sells only the best quality 40mm Orlandi (Pin/Ring) Coupling and caravan spare parts throughout Australia.
Customers are welcome to either pickup or take advantage of our low freight rates. Express shipping to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, and Hobart.
We also ship products to New Zealand via Australia Post Air Express.
© Steve Wotherspoon August 1, 2019. Images and text may be copied, provided a link back to the copied page and the source is displayed where the content or image is located.