Last updated on November 13th, 2019 at 04:19 pm
Electric Backing Plate Weld Ring suit 10-inch electric brakes on a slimline, LM and parallel bearing profiles.
What does an electric weld ring fit? Click the link below and buy.
- 10-inch Electric Backing Plate Brake Kits.
- 9 inch Mechanical Brake.
- 7/16 UNF Nylock Nut suit Electric and Mechanical Brakes.
Electric weld rings are manufactured to fit the following axle sizesVarious axle profiles are
- 40mm square marine axles (115mm long LM profile).
- 40mm square electric axles. (130mm long LM profile).
- 45mm round axles. (130mm long slimline or parallel profile).
- 45mm square axles. (115mm long LM profile).
- 45mm square axles. (130mm long slimline profile)
- 50mm square axles. (130mm long slimline profile)
- 50mm square axles (140mm long parallel profile)
72mm outer hole centers. Electric backing plate locaters are 65mm apart.
Weld rings are Difficult to position correctly.
Dry Assembly Instructions
- assemble to the electric backing plate onto the weld ring
- assemble drum over axle profile dry (without grease).
- Lock axle nut so that drum is in position.
- Adjust brake shoes so shoes almost lock into the drum.
- Adjust drum and backing plate so both parts are concentric on the axle.
- Tack weld ring into position at 4 points and de-assemble.
- After de-assembly, finish welding weld ring into position.