Hydraulic Caliper Anchor Plate
Hydraulic Caliper Anchor Plate suit hydraulic calipers on all Al-ko 10″ and 12″ disc rotors.
Anchor plates are 10mm thick and 90mm between holes for Australian brake calipers.
7/19″ UNF is the thread size.
Caliper Anchor Plates to suit
- 39mm Round 10″
- 40mm Square 10″
- 45mm Round 10″ and 12″
- 45mm Square 10″ and 12″
- 50mm Square 10″ and 12″
- 60mm Round 12″
Couplemate suggests all anchor plates are dry fitted and tacked welded before the welding process is finished.
Failure to dry-fit every anchor plate will result in wrong fits in most cases.
How to dry-fit anchor plates?
- Insert bearings into the rotor with no grease and fit rotor to the axle. (tighten)
- Assemble caliper onto Hydraulic Caliper Anchor Plate and tighten.
- Align caliper over the rotor and tighten the pad adjustment bolt. (note: place a zip tie or Q strap between the rotor and caliper to stop the caliper touching the rotor when it is spinning.)
- Align the caliper on the slides by sliding the caliper backwards so that a gap of approx 1mm or more exists either side of the arms holding the pads into position. The caliper will slide back when the pads wear.
- Carefully tack the mounting plate.
- Dis-assemble the entire setup except for the mount plates.
- Tape the bearing journals.
- Carefully weld the small flat section of the mounting plate on the sides, then weld the main part farthest away from the bearing journal. (note: Weld one side of the mounting plate is sufficient)
- Repeat on the other end.
- When testing ensure the discs brake quickly and evenly. Air bubbles in the hydraulic line will significantly diminish the effects of braking.
Grease bearings with high-temperature grease and assemble rotors. Tighten the adjustment bolt until tight then back off 1/2 turn and lock the thread with the lock nut.
Note: Grind galvanising on your axle back to bare metal before welding. After welding, apply a spray pack of cold gal while the mount plates are still hot.
These anchor plates fit this type of caliper only. Click here.
Importantly, anchor plates should be installed at an angle that clear the trailer or caravan springs.
Finally, hydraulic anchor plates do not fit mechanical calipers and visa, versa.
These links below contain hydraulic caliper spare parts
- Al-ko piston seal kit, click here
- Stainless pistons for improved performance, click here
- Al-ko Hydraulic Caliper Piston
- Al-ko Caliper Slide and Boot Kit
- Hydraulic Disc Pads | Pair
Couplemate Trailer Parts sells only the best quality Hydraulic Caliper Anchor Plate and caravan spare parts throughout Australia.
Customers are welcome to either pickup or take advantage of our low freight rates. Express shipping to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, and Hobart.
We also ship products to New Zealand via Australia Post Air Express.
© Steve Wotherspoon September 20, 2018. Images and text may be copied, provided a link back to the copied page and the source is displayed where the content or image is located.