Mechanical Caliper Anchor Plate
Mechanical Caliper Anchor Plate attaches the brake calipers on all 10″ and 12″ disc rotors to the axle..
The mechanical caliper anchor plate is 10mm in thickness and 90mm between holes for Australian calipers.
Hole size is 7/16″ UNF. However, the length of the bolt can vary from 50mm to 56mm depending on the brand of caliper used.
Couplemate suggests all anchor plates are dry fitted and tacked welded before the welding process is finished.
Failure to dry-fit every anchor plate will result in wrong fits in most cases.
How to dry-fit anchor plates?
- Insert bearings into the rotor with no grease and fit rotor to the axle. (tighten)
- Assemble caliper onto mount bracket and tighten.
- Align caliper over the rotor and tighten the pad adjustment bolt. (note: place a zip tie or Q strap between the rotor and caliper to stop the caliper touching the rotor when it is spinning.)
- Align the caliper on the slides by sliding the caliper backwards so that approx 5mm of the slide is showing on the inside of the caliper. The caliper will slide backwards when the pads wear.
- Carefully tack the mounting plate.
- Dis-assemble the entire setup except for the mount plates.
- Tape the bearing journals.
- Carefully weld the small flat section of the mounting plate on the sides, then weld the main section farthest away from the bearing journal. (note: Weld one side of the mounting plate is sufficient)
- Repeat on the other end.
Grease bearings with high-temperature grease and assemble rotors. Tighten the adjustment bolt until tight then back off 1/2 turn and lock the thread with the lock nut.
Note: Grind galvanising on your axle back to bare metal before welding. After welding, apply a spray pack of cold gal while the mount plates are still hot.
Importantly, the mechanical caliper anchor plate should be installed at an angle that clear the trailer or caravan springs.
Finally, hydraulic anchor plates do not fit mechanical calipers and visa, versa.
Purchase replacement disc pads and other trailer parts here
Mechanical Brake Caliper Anchor Plate
Couplemate Trailer Parts sells only the best quality Mechanical Caliper Anchor Plate and caravan spare parts throughout Australia.
Customers are welcome to either pickup or take advantage of our low freight rates. Express shipping to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, and Hobart.
We also ship products to New Zealand via Australia Post Air Express.
© Steve Wotherspoon November 26, 2017. Images and text may be copied, provided a link back to the copied page and the source is displayed where the content or image is located.