50mm Square Mechanical Disc Hollow Drop Axle
50mm Square Mechanical Disc Brake Drop Axle lowers the trailer and centre of gravity by 100mm.
The 50mm square mechanical drop axle assembly is lighter than solid beams and rated to 1450g or 2900kg per tandem axle group.
Boat trailers use mechanical disc brakes due to the anti-corrosive characteristics of the disc braking system.
- All Couplemate marine disc braked axles are Australian made.
- Did you know Couplemte have a lifetime warranty against faulty craftsmanship?
- However, this warranty does not cover consumables such as bearings and disc pads.
This kit includes:
- 50mm Square hollow Axle rated @ 1450kg
- 1 x Pair Mechanical Brake Calipers.
- 1 x Pair of Anchor Plates welded to the axle
- 2 x 7/16″ Caliper Bolts + Washer
- Pair of Galvanised Disc Rotors
- 2 x Japanese Slimline Bearings Sets
- Galvanised axle is an optional extra and available upon request.
Couplemate has disc braked axles to suit the following wheel stud patterns;
- Ford SL
- HT Holden SL
- HQ Holden SL
Calculating The Correct Axle Measurements
As a result of viewing the video above, calculate the face to face measurement.
- Measure the offset wheel. The wheel offset is the distance between the inside of the hub and the outside of the rubber.
- Add 50 mm to the offset. Alternatively, choose your own distance between the rubber and the chassis.
- Multiply by 2 for both sides. Add your chassis width to the above number.
Metric to Imperial ConverterConvert Imperial (inches) to metric (mm)
Still unsure of what measurements to take? Check out this handy guide below:
[P] – Check material specifications. What size and profile is the axle (for example, 45mm Square)
[T] – Overall axle length (tip to tip)
[F] – Hub face to hub face measurement
[A] – Chassis width
[C] – Tyre clearance
[B] – Back offset
[H] – Tyre to chassis
[G] – Axle pad centres
Identifying Bearing Combinations
You will also need to identify your bearing combination which can be done by pulling off a hub and bearings, and locating the number laser engraved onto the bearing. You will require both the inner and the outer bearing number.
New Articles and associated products
- Purchase 2t American Stainless Rotor and Caliper setups here
- 50mm Square Hydraulic Braked Disc Hollow Drop Axle
- 2t Mechanical Disc Braked Axle
- 45mm Round Mechanical Disc Braked Gal Axle
- 45mm Round Mechanical Disc Braked Axle
- 50mm Square Mechanical Galvanised Disc Brake
Couplemate Trailer Parts sells only the best quality 50mm Square Mechanical Disc Hollow Drop Axle and caravan spare parts throughout Australia.
Customers are welcome to either pickup or take advantage of our low freight rates. Express shipping to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, and Hobart.
We also ship products to New Zealand via Australia Post Air Express.
© Steve Wotherspoon November 19, 2019. Images and text may be copied, provided a link back to the copied page and the source is displayed where the content or image is located.