Square overlay axle for horse floats, boat trailers, car trailers or any trailer where you want a low centre of gravity.
- 45mm Solid Beam
- Stub Axle to suit SL or parallel bearings
- Overlay portion is 50mm
- Weld Rings to suit 10″ Electric Brakes
50mm Axle Specifications
- 50mm Solid Beam
- Stub Axle to suit 2t bearings
- Overlay portion is 50mm
- Weld Rings to suit 12″ Electric Brakes
After ordering we require the following information because we like it right the first time.
- Wheel Backspace
- Outside to Outside Chassis width
- Pick up is recommended, however, we can use your transport or give you a price for our carrier.
All our Overlay Axle SL are built identically with zero variation in camber.
10″ or 12″ Electric Weld rings are included to make it easy to unbolt and then reassemble your existing brake setup.
Other available hanger kits
- 45mm Slipper Single Axle.
- 45mm slipper Tandem.
- 60mm Slipper Single Axle.
- 60mm Slipper Tandem Axle.
- 45mm Eye to Eye – Single.
- 45mm Eye to Eye – Tandem.
- 60mm Eye to Eye – Single.
- 60mm Eye to Eye – Tandem.
Calculating The Correct Axle Measurements
As a result of viewing the video above, calculate the face to face measurement.
- Measure the offset wheel. The wheel offset is the distance between the inside of the hub and the outside of the rubber.
- Add 50 mm to the offset. Alternatively, choose your own distance between the rubber and the chassis.
- Multiply by 2 for both sides. Add your chassis width to the above number.
Metric to Imperial ConverterConvert Imperial (inches) to metric (mm)
Still unsure of what measurements to take? Check out this handy guide below:
[P] – Check material specifications. What size and profile is the axle (for example, 45mm Square)
[T] – Overall axle length (tip to tip)
[F] – Hub face to hub face measurement
[A] – Chassis width
[C] – Tyre clearance
[B] – Back offset
[H] – Tyre to chassis
[G] – Axle pad centres
Identifying Bearing Combinations
You will also need to identify your bearing combination which can be done by pulling off a hub and bearings, and locating the number laser engraved onto the bearing. You will require both the inner and the outer bearing number.
Square Overlay Axle | Slimline | Parallel | 2t | Profile
Couplemate Trailer Parts sells only the best quality 45mm – 50mm Square Overlay Axle and caravan spare parts throughout Australia.
Customers are welcome to either pickup or take advantage of our low freight rates. Express shipping to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, and Hobart.
We also ship products to New Zealand via Australia Post Air Express.
© Steve Wotherspoon November 16, 2015. Images and text may be copied, provided a link back to the copied page and the source is displayed where the content or image is located.